what is the easyest way to get ride of a "baba" for a 17month old??

My daughters pretty smart for her age but she still has her precious baba. Its like her security thing i guess. But i still think shes a little old. She drinks from a sippy cup fine, but not when shes going to bed or for a nap or when shes upset.

missycc

Asked by missycc at 11:20 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• it might give you a headache for a few days but really you should just get rid of them all and tell her it's gone. If she gets thirsty she will drink from a cup.
    Anonymous

• She shouldn't be getting a bottle at bedtime or nap time, it causes tooth decay. Just take it away from her and give her something else to replace it like a blanket or something.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 11:23 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• they really shouldn't have anything to drink while in bed or nap anyway...Take it from me I learned the hard way like $3000 hard way. 2nd just take it away believe me she will be fine in a coulple of days. It's a lot harder on the parent anyway.;) Good luck
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 11:24 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• just take away. with my son i just threw them out and he was grumpy and then he was fine!
    MommaBear1129

Answer by MommaBear1129 at 11:26 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• On SuperNanny LOL I saw her use this cute idea. Make up something like the Bottle Faries will be coming tonight to collect the bottles....make a box and decorate it to put the bottles in. Then when your daughter is sleeping take the bottles out and replace them with new sippie cups. The Nappy Pirates came to take the night time pull ups of the kids "nappies" (I think that's what they called the pulll ups). Anyways, they made a pirate chest and in the morning there were new underpants and jammies in there. Was a great idea to me.
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 11:28 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• I just took my sons' bottles away cold turkey but if that doesn't work then I think that the bottle fairy idea is cute:)
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 12:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i took both my daughters bottles away at 10 months..i also did the pacifier at the same time..did it all cold turkey and everything was find after a couple of days..Just Do It.
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 12:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Cold turkey...
    yadayada

Answer by yadayada at 2:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• If she can use a sippy cup, she doesn't need the bottle at all. Just take it away and be done with it.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i do feel your pain, i really need to get rid of my daughters baba too. it breaks my heart but i need to do it !!!! i think i may give her the sippy cup to replace it at naptime and bed with water in it. maybe it will work.
    lilredsfrm67

Answer by lilredsfrm67 at 8:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2009