What do I do with the stew meat?

I have stew meat that is cut up in peices and is about 1 inch thick. My husband doesnt want stew and thats what I was going to do with the meat! So now what can I make with it? I was going to put it in the slow cooker but now I have no clue.I dont want it to be tough so how do I fry it and flavor it to taste excellent?Help please ;(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:43 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• kabobs
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 11:49 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• beef and broccoli... stirfry???
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 11:50 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• beef tips and noodles
    camtri3

Answer by camtri3 at 11:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• i actually make a really YUMMY chili with stew meat...
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 12:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i make veggie beef soup...not exactly beef stew ;)
    salt/pepper the meat and brown in a skillet. bring 2 boxes of beef broth to a boil with 4 medium diced potatoes, 3 or 4 cut carrots, 1/2 a chopped onion, a couple stalks of celery cut, a can of corn (add the juice to the broth!) and a can of stewed tomatoes (also with juice). Add the meat when it's browned, scrape the browning from the skillet into the pot for extra flavor! YUMMY!! I dip PB sandwiches in the broth..it is sooooo good.
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 12:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I use mine for stir fry, chili.You could probably be used for Mexican dishes. I cut the individual cube into thin strips for stir fry.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You can make stroganoff. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Put it in a dutch oven (you can also do this in the crock pot), and add a bunch of cans of cream of mushroom soup to it. (How many will depend on how much stew meat you have and how much gravy you want, but, for about 1 lb meat I would say about 3 or 4 cans). Add a pouch of Liptons Onion Soup.

Add some water (about 1 or 2 soup cans) and stir it all together. Cook it in the oven for several hours at 350, stirring occasionally, and adding more water as needed (though you want it to be sort of thick), until the meat is cooked and very tender. Like I said, you can do this in the crock pot.

Serve over noodles or rice.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:55 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Stew meat, because of the cut used, is going to need to be cooked long and slow, regardless of what you end up making, because otherwise it will be tough. It's a perfect cut for chili colorado. Get some New Mexico dried chiles, guajillo or pasillo or ancho will work. Cover them with water, just to the top, and bring to a boil. Let soak for 30 minutes then run the chiles through the blender with enough of the cooking liquid to make a smooth sauce. Strain through a fine strainer to remove tough skins. Season some flour with salt & pepper and garlic powder. Dredge the meat and brown in a dutch oven (or large heavy bottom kettle), in batches. Add onion and cook til translucent. Put all the beef in with the onions and add the chile puree and enough beef stock to just cover the meat. Reduce heat to low, cover, cook 3 hours.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• cont..
    3 hours...or until meat is tender. Add more beef stock if needed during cooking. Serve with diced onion, shredded cheese, sour cream, etc. If you want, you can add kidney or canellini beans at the end of the cooking just about 5 min before you take it off the heat.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009