how can i get my daughter to sleep thru the night again?

my 5 month old has been getting up at least once a night again...she slept thru the night since she was 3 months old...its getting very aggravating..my husband wont get up with her..and I'm the one that works

mconatser

Asked by mconatser at 11:45 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• oh hell 2 the no! you make your man get up. In all seriousness what time does she wake up and nap go to bed ect.? what happens when she wakes up and what do you do?
    SgrplmsnSnflwrs

Answer by SgrplmsnSnflwrs at 11:52 PM on Jan. 26, 2009

• Sometimes when they are teething it throws off their sleep pattern. My daughter went through some rough nights when her teeth were breaking through. I would check her gums for swelling and redness. Maybe give her some baby Orajel or infant Tylenol drops if she seems cranky or in pain. And does she eat when she gets up? Maybe she is going through a growth spurt and ready for more food. Have you started her on cereal or baby food yet? If she's hungry when she wakes in the middle of the night you could increase her food throughout the day and make sure her tummy is full right before bedtime. Good luck- I know lack of sleep makes for a rough day! Hang in there mommy!
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 12:53 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Go to bed earlier so you feel less tired when she gets up.

Really, what do you want to hear?
    Babies were not designed to sleep through the night. Waking once is normal. If you co-sleep, then you won't have to physically get out of bed to feed her.

If she's waking to play, keep in mind this could be a growth spurt. Just keep the lights low, keep your voice low, and remind her that it is bed time. Sure, get up with her for an hour. No big deal.. Go back to bed afterwards.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Wait - Your husband doesn't work? At ALL??
    Okay, well if THAT's the case, then assuming she's not waking to breastfeed, then yes, he most certainly SHOULD be getting up with her, and NOT you..
    In which case, transfer my advice over to HIM.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2009