Homeschooling

what are your veiws on it?
i was thinking of putting my kids through it because the teachers were being rude to them. and they refused to answer the one question: how do you flunk class and bring straight A's on the report card?

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 3:54 PM on Apr. 30, 2012 in

• Long before I had my daughter (in fact while I was in highschool) I decided that I would homeschool. I was not (and am not) a fan of the public school system. Of course there are private schools and other alternative schools but homeschooling always felt right to me.
    Now that I actually have a daughter I'm coming to terms with the fact that I probably won't be homeschooling. I don't have tons of support about it from anyone, and I'm realizing that I may not be able to fulfill all of my daughter's needs, certainly not socially and probably not academically either.
    I will do the very best I can with her for these first 5 years, and when she finally goes to school :( I'm prepared to supplement her learning with how and what I think she should be learning.
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 4:01 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• We do it but we'll be putting a few of our kids in a small charter school here next fall.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 3:55 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I think you need to determine first if your capable of homeshcooling, as Ludvik stated, she had a clear and thought out plan,, having a "rude" teacher doesn't mean you should homeshool your children, it means you need to get tot he bottom of what is going on. I would never bash anyone for homeschooling, but unless you are able to do as good as a trained teacher, you really shouldn't embark on it. I am a college educated person, and although I could probably "teach" my son, I wouldn't be able to give him everthing a school would provide for his needs, that is why I checked around and sent him to the school that would be most educational, and socially balanced for him.
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 4:23 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• We home school using an actual school with teachers doing the instruction via DVD or streaming. This worked very well for my niece and I am doing the K4 program with my DD, but without the DVD's. Both girls love the program that they are involved in. I expose them to social situations where they are around many people of many different ages. They are exposed to people their own age all the way to adults depending on the situation. It all depends on what you want to do. I am determined to home school as long as I possibly can. If you want the name of the academy we use just pm me and I will get the info to you.
    coala

Answer by coala at 6:57 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• where do you live ludvik? i think i know of a place that might help you.
    TO ANON: UNTIL YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION, ONCE YOU CAN THEN I'LL STOP!
    to kimi, the reason the teacher's were rude was because we came from a different state and the kids had already finished the math they were starting and they refused to test my kids to find out what grade level the kids really were. (even though youngstown city school was planning on sending them to a private school because they tested to high for their schools.)
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• With the rate my school district is laying off teachers, homeschooling is looking better and better. I am seriously looking at eschool. If I were to ever have any more children, they would NOT go to public school in my state. I live in Wisconsin and the governor just keeps making cuts to education and the only people that are really being hurt are the kids. The future of our state.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• I heard about their schools. we've got family living there too. all yu have to do is google homeschooling schools in (state you live) and it brings up all kinds of stuff. i did it for the state of indiana and they even had the laws for it.
    noel1978

Comment by noel1978 (original poster) at 9:33 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• We homeschool. My family was homeschooled and we absolutely LOVED it.

It is nothing to jump into without much thinking, planning and praying over, though.

It will take much sacrifice on your half and you need to be totally dedicated to teaching, training and loving your children while they are home with you. If you are willing to do your much needed research and planning...then go for it! You'll never have this time again with your kids.

They are only young once and you will be the number one adult to influence their lives for a positive way!

Ruthmom802

Answer by Ruthmom802 at 6:36 PM on May. 8, 2012

• We briefly considered homeschooling, but there is no way that we could have prepared our daughter for a college education. We are fortunate; we live in a big city with great school options

Answer by rkoloms at 6:41 PM on Apr. 30, 2012

• how many times are you going to ask homeschooling questions?
    Anonymous

Next question in
How do I go about choosing a major?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
Poker