How do i produce more milk in my breast?

i have two kids but this is my first time breast feeding.and it seems that one of my breast is noticably larger than the other one.i have tried to pump milk from the left breast to try and get it to produce more milk but it doesnt seem to be working..i am worried that they will remain this way untill the milk dries up!

sandraberke

Asked by sandraberke at 11:53 PM on Jan. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's very, very common for one breast to produce more than the other.
    it's also quite common for a baby to prefer one breast over the other.
    just keep nursing your baby, and try to relax.
    if you are truly not producing enough then there are herbal supplements you can take to help boost your supply but if he wasn't getting enough you would know.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 12:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• pump pump pump...pump out more than she is wanting or in need for and store it,
    Anonymous

• Also are you laying on the side that is smaller. that will cause your milk to not produce as much too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Kellymom.com gives lots of good advice on breastfeeding. Here's a link to the page for your specific concern: http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/lopsided.html. It tells you reasons for why it happens and how to even things out. Also another poster mentioned herbal supplements, there's a page on 'Herbs and Breastfeeding' and what you can use to increase milk supply. Congratulations on your newest addition and kudos on deciding to breastfeed!
    princesspalace

Answer by princesspalace at 12:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Fenugreek was reccommended to me by my doctor and lactation nurse. You can get it at GNC. It kinda makes you smell like pancake syrup, though.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 1:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2009