40 weeks pregnant and gobs of discharge! Ew...

I was due yesterday but so far, no baby! I am sure my water has not broken (well, so far anyway) but everytime I've gone to the bathroom today there has been gobs of thicker yellowish mucous. Is this my mucous plug coming out in parts? It has been increasing all day, everytime I go to the bathroom. This last time I thought I saw the *slightest* bit of blood - or maybe I'm just wishing this is the 'bloody show' they talk about. Anyway - I just wanted to be sure that increased, thicker, snot-like mucous is normal this close to labor. And do you think this means this child will come sooner than later?!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Sound like the mucous plug. Baby may come soon, but don't get your hopes up to high. I wish you all the luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 12:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• that sounds like your mucus plug

good luck! go have sex! :) and walk :) and eat some mexican food :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I would skip the mexican food, but yes,sex and walking. . . You don't want to eat to heavily prior to labor especially if you are planning on the epidural because this can make you nauseaus.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2009