Any easy lunch/dinner ideas that don't involve pasta?

It feels like I've mastered making Spaghetti and Macaroni and Cheese.

cleverusername

Asked by cleverusername at 8:10 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Food & Drink

• kielbasa and ketchup
    surobb

Answer by surobb at 8:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• Grilled ham and cheese, cheesey rice and brocolli, BLTs, taco salads, pigs in a blanket, & vegetable tray with a good dip. (my children love all of these)I just add a veg usually green beans or carrots and a fruit usually pineapple or mandarian oranges.
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 8:25 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• sandwiches, tacos, soup, salads - veggie, fruit, potato, etc.
    Anonymous

• (chicken, beef, fish) Vegetable Stir Fry w/rice
    shana8577

Answer by shana8577 at 9:09 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• When I feel like I have mastered all of my family's favorite dishes, I buy a new cookbook. I love to cook!
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 2:54 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• I like going to the grocery store, grab a roll, get 1/4 lb of lunch meat and a slice or two of cheese from the deli, a piece of fruit and a small bag of chips. It's usually about $3-4 at the store closest to my office.
    alexisw

Answer by alexisw at 10:16 PM on Jul. 24, 2008

• slice or dice 1 potato for each person you are feeding. slice up hot dogs, polish sausage, chicken, pork chops or even hamburger (1 pound for every 3 people). add a bag of your favorite frozen veggies. it works on the stovetop or in the oven or even in an electric skillet/croc pot/slow cooker.
    aliciatakescare

Answer by aliciatakescare at 2:40 PM on Jul. 26, 2008

• My girls love to make tortilla pizzas. They are 12 & 9. Preheat a 10 inch nonstick pan over medium heat. Place a flour tortilla in the pan and use the back of a spoon or ladle to spread pizza sauce (we like tomato paste seasoned with italian herbs, garlic, onion powder and bit of sugar to cut the acid) on the tortilla, sprinkle cheese on top and cover with a lid until cheese melts. Can be done at this point and removed from pan with spatula, cut in wedges and served, but we sometimes add a tortilla to the top and flip it over making pizza quesadillas. can also experiment with all kids of fillings--my kids like the tortillas better than bread!
    DonnaDuck1727

Answer by DonnaDuck1727 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 31, 2008