PPD

Im scared I might be getting it. WHat are some signs? Post partum depression?

calliesmommie

Asked by calliesmommie at 1:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• feeling tired and run down all the time, feeling like you don't want to do anything and don't care about doing anything, lack of libido, feeling like you're a bad mom all the time, or like your baby doesn't like you or you don't like the baby, crying all the time, feeling overwhelmed all the time, having trouble sleeping (even when baby is sleeping), wanting to sleep all the time, general lack of joy, loss of appetite,

if you think you have PPD go get help. don't feel like you're a failure for not being able to deal with it by yourself, don't be ashamed of asking for help. i felt that way for a looong time and i felt so much better when i finally got on meds. i got to actually enjoy my baby!
    Pieta0227

Answer by Pieta0227 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• sad tired doing things u normally don't, feeling sad and down just horrible how do u feel hun
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• your not happy with anything...I have it..and I cry ALOT..its getting better now that my daughter is older but she had colic so..i was almost promised it lol...it can get serious tho...i have thought about suicide...>I'm glad I have the faith that I have and I can just tell the devil to get out of my head...gl mama...hope you feel better
    mconatser

Answer by mconatser at 1:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i have been crying more than usual when I can't calm my dd down. I feel really frustrated when she fusses because she has never fussed until now becuase she is cutting teeth and I feel like I don't know how to deal with it. I get scared that I am losing my patience with her and it makes me feel really bad.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 1:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• go to ur doctor and they can help with med they say if u feel like that to get help u could do something bad and u don't want that
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It's best to speak to your doctor or go to the Post Partum International Support website to read up on it. PPD is like the baby blues, but the sadness doesn't go away. Symptoms include: feelings of worthlessness, thoughts of suicide, thoughts of abdonement, sleeplessness, weight loss, intense sadness/crying, anxiety...the list really does go on and on. If you suspect for even a second that you may have PPD, go to your doctor and ask for a referral to a specialist. Do not settle for a family physician's diagnosis. They will simply prescribe you some antidepressant without getting to the core of the issue.

jacobsmom707

Answer by jacobsmom707 at 1:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I had PPD for the first 3 months of my son's life and I missed so much of his infancy. I tried to ignore the symptoms for a long time until they finally got so bad that I considered killing myself or never coming home again. Don't let that happen to you. Go see your doctor.
    jacobsmom707