Do you make any convenience, fast food, or restaurant favorites to save money?

I love making Jamba Juice like smoothies and Starbucks Frapps. I got the recipe for Olive Gardens Tuscan something soup too and I love it!

MamaChamp

Asked by MamaChamp at 1:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Not until recently. Stopped going to Olive garden a little less and found the recipe my daughter loves online for Fettucine Alfredo. She loves my cooking it more than Olive Gardens!! If you want to copy any recipes check out: www.copykat.com They have already figured out the recipes for you. Love it..

I will have to look up Jamba Juice that is her favorite too!
    Jeckers

Answer by Jeckers at 4:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I make the Sonora chicken pasta from Ruby Tuesday. . .
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• That sounds good..Maybe I shouldve asked for recipes too! Not that I feel like typing that much tonight.
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I do all the time, but not just to save money but because I like to cook. I make margarita chicken that we used to get at TGIF. It's really easy -

mix margarita like you were going to drink it (it's best with the tequila, but you can do it without the booze) Make several drinks worth.

Put boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the margaritas that you just made and let them marinate for anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour. (the longer the better, but too long and the meat starts to fall apart too much).

Then grill the chicken and, if you want, drizzle fresh margarita over it before you serve it. We serve it with lime wedges that you can squeeze over the chicken.

I don't know if TGIF still offers this (there isn't a TGIF near us, and hasn't been for a couple of duty stations now), so I haven't been there in ages.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 1:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Not necessarily to save money, but I've made some things at home based on restaurant dishes for various reasons :) Like Applebee's Tequila Lime Chicken, because I don't much care for Applebee's but my husband loved that dish. I don't like the Starbucks frappucinos... but I do make espresso drinks at home, including blended ones. They're not as sweet as the ones at Starbuck's but we like them :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 2:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I love to make Olive Garden's Stuffed Mushrooms (they're famous in my house) and the Jalapeno Smokehouse Bacon Burger from Chili's. That might actually COST more to make, than going to the restaurant, but my version was pretty darn good!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 4:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I tried making the Sakuras Steakhouse Sesame Chicken and rice with the yum yum sauce. I tried because I was eating out there so much and then sometimes they would substitute and etc. By the time I bought all of the ingredients, did all of the steps and etc it was worth just giving them the $10 for the take out lol.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 7:31 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I just make my "fast food" favorites to save money LOL.

However, I have this really nifty cookbook by Devon Alexander that has ALL the recipes for fast food restaurant favorites.

So if Im ever in the mood for something from In and Out or Arbys, etc....I have the recipes.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 8:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I make sour cream stuffed hash browns like Shari's. My family won't eat them any other way now. Where do you get that cookbook? I'd like to get one.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 10:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I Make Cinnabon Cinnamon Rolls
    Kari_Noelle

Answer by Kari_Noelle at 12:31 AM on Jan. 28, 2009