Is walker good for a baby?

They say that 10 months is usually the best age of baby to have his walker. Others say that it is better not to use walker. I just wonder what do you think is preferably. It could be based on your experience with your kids or babies..thanks a lot!

Bedelina

Asked by Bedelina at 1:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• They do not teach a baby how to walk. I don't think they are BAD, but best used under supervision, and limit the use. 10-15 mins here and there. There is also a concern of baby being able to reach things they wouldn't be able to reach if they weren't in a walker, which is why supervision is so important. Never use it in a place where the baby can have access to stairs.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:54 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my kids all started using the walker at 4 months the doctor said its fine 10 m? alot of kids are already walking by then why wait that long? i think when you see that ur baby is string enough for it
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 1:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• only if u have a place he cant go off of and stuff or he could roll off and get hurt
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• oooh, is it the rolling over that is so dangerous? I thought it had something to do with development?
    MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 1:54 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my son was about 5 months and he loved it!!!!
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 2:02 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my kid was on it at 4 months legs didn't go like a cowboys lol that was what ppl would say.
    apple-bee-13

Answer by apple-bee-13 at 2:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• GOod Morning! Alyssa used a walker at 9 months...wasnt too good at it...practice makes perfect
    Id put her in it outside and watch her play :)
    MoMieS_MuMBLe

Answer by MoMieS_MuMBLe at 10:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2009