natural child birth

i want an all natural childbirth, and at first i was really excited about it but when i went to the doctor and had an ultrasound at 29 weeks she was already 5 lbs and they are telling me that she is going to be between 9-12 lbs i am so scared should i continue with the natural child birth or do you think the pain will be unbearable with a baby that big

mrswarner08

Asked by mrswarner08 at 2:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• they told my sister the baby is huge she might need a c section she had natural birth her daughter was 8 pounds so i dont think you should jump into surgery they are not always right
    Have3Girls114

Answer by Have3Girls114 at 2:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My MIL had 8 babies and her first couple were over 10 lbs. You can do it!

I had a natural childbirth. I took the hypnobirthing classes and LOVED it. I don't know if I could have done it without the knowledge I gained there.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 2:22 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• They told me too that my DS was going to be over 10lbs and he was only 8lbs 11oz. So I too wouldn't jump to any conclusions. As for progressing with natural childbirth, I say yes. You can always change your mind during labor and get drugs or an epidural (its not like they hold you to natural birth thing ) so I say keep preparing for a natural birth. I was able to manage it. Do you have a doula?
    FuzNet

Answer by FuzNet at 2:25 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• no doula but i am now 32 weeks and i just can not sleep at night i go lay down with my husband and i may feel tired but as soon as my head hits the pillow i am wide awake. and i have started having cramps not bad ones in my lower abdoman.
    mrswarner08

Answer by mrswarner08 at 2:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Well, women usually get drugs because they can't handle the pain of contractions, not because they can't handle pushing the baby out.

For the record, no, I don't think there is any reason why you should get drugs.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I was told my son would be an 8 pounder, he turned out to be 6 lbs. He was also a month and a half early; so I don't know if my answer helps or not. But all I can say, they aren't always right :/. I say, You can do it! The transition period is the hardest, but it is also the fastest. It may not seem like it at the time, but it is! :D
    ReginaGallo

Answer by ReginaGallo at 3:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• thank you
    mrswarner08

Answer by mrswarner08 at 3:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think you can do it. Think positive. I had natural child birth at the ages of 16 and 26. At the 26 age one I didnt take anything at all, no pain killers no nothing. If I were to get pregnant today I would do another natural. For me its just something about having a natural delivery.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 7:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• They often overestimate baby's weight by a lot! In fact, that is one of the reasons for unnecessary c-section, cause based on their (often flawed) estimations, they don't let the mom try to push her baby out naturally. I say don't be scared, your body will open up and do what it has to do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The size of the baby has NOTHING to do with the pain factor during your contractions. Your uterus is one big muscle, and it contracts in order to open up your cervix. When it comes time to push, the epidural has worn off anyways.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 6:39 PM on Feb. 21, 2009