What are the dangers of pulling out of Afghanistan?

I read an article today about non-fatal attacks on our military by Afghan forces are not being reported. Only the deaths of our soldiers are being reported. We are training them and sending money and probably weapons to arm them and they kill our men and women in return. They do not want us there. Why can't we just pull out? Us being there will not make our enemy give up, it will strengthen their resolve. Their wars have lasted hundreds of years. They know how to hold a grudge. Evil will eventually win in that region.
What good is it to have our men and women risking their lives for people that do not want or appreciate them? Why do we expect them to be happy to have us there when their civilians are being killed in crossfire, or even worse, in blatant attacks by our military?
What do we stand to gain by being there and is it worth it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on May. 1, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• I'm going to leave you with this before I go to work...

You and your buddy are assigned to guard a small outpost in the middle of the desert. Just the two of you.
    Your given the midnight to a.m. duty, so it's pitch black with the exception of the stars.
    Out in the distance you see headlights coming your way, you're focused on those headlights, weapons at the ready.
    Out of nowhere, behind you, shots ring out! Your buddy has been shot and the vehicle you just saw pulls up and picks up the ones who were shooting at you! You've been AMBUSHED! You were told you were "offering" support!
    Your buddy dies in your arms and you're covered in his blood!
    This is a true story! It happened to my son!

Tell me, how the fuck do you justify staying another 10 years!

I need to go to work, have a nice day everyone!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:00 AM on May. 1, 2012

• Bottom line, there is no justification.

Our troops should be here at home, we should be building up our national defense, tending to our borders, and all of the presidents back to G. Bush sr. should be prosecuted for war crimes.

There should be respect for the brave men and women who actually have to fight in these fruitless wars, who signed up to defend the COTUS, not the Military Industrial Complex. It's time for Americans to start defending those who risk and give their lives for us, demand to BRING OUR TROOPS HOME!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 5:27 PM on May. 1, 2012

• The people who want us there are the people who are somehow profiting. The dangers of pulling out are less than the dangers our troops are facing everyday to stay there. I'd rather have our troops at home protecting our own country's borders. I am a veteran who served in the gulf during Enduring/Iraqi Freedom. My experiences have given me more respect for the sanctity of ALL human life. I don't care what the government says to reason away why we"re there but it has nothing to do with national security or the interest of promoting freedom and democracy. We send our best and brightest out there to experience the dirtiest aspects of human nature and a lot don't come back or come back with physical and mental scars. I support the Troops not war. Veterans for peace..
    LBoogie0617

Answer by LBoogie0617 at 6:58 PM on May. 1, 2012

• We stand to gain NOTHING!

We lose our loved ones, mentally and physically! We need to come home now!
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:00 AM on May. 1, 2012

• What are the dangers of pulling out of Afghanistan?

The most casualties occur during the stepping down of operations, unless you are leaving in full control of the region. If staying costs 3 lives a day, but the pull out costs 8 lives a day, you have to be ready to say leaving is worth killing an extra 5 people a day.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:04 AM on May. 1, 2012

Answer by JackieGirl007 an hour ago

--------------------------------------Excellent/ I agree!
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 7:26 PM on May. 1, 2012

• I don't care what the government says to reason away why we"re there but it has nothing to do with national security or the interest of promoting freedom and democracy. We send our best and brightest out there to experience the dirtiest aspects of human nature and a lot don't come back or come back with physical and mental scars. I support the Troops not war. Veterans for peace..

Answer by LBoogie0617 29 minutes
    ---------------------------------------
    YES! I agree. and thank you.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 7:28 PM on May. 1, 2012

• write to your President. No one understands why we are there but him.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:19 AM on May. 1, 2012

• @NP, Obama promised to pull our troops out in 2014, but continue staying another 10 years as a support to the Afghanistan people.
    So you chance losing way more than than the "8" people a day while pulling out!

We just lost 3 service members 2 days ago and they weren't even fighting! They were offering "support"!

After Obama signed this contract, we'll be in Afghanistan until 2024!

What's right about this?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 10:27 AM on May. 1, 2012

• There is a lot they don't report, because this is an unpopular war. I personally don't think we are ever going to leave the Middle East. The global powers that be are finalizing the "new world order" that George Bush sr. spoke of,

""[The war in Iraq is] a rare opportunity to move toward an historic period of cooperation. Out of these troubled times...a new world order can emerge." Anyone find it odd that he said this on SEPTEMBER 11, 1990, 11 years before 9-11?

JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 10:28 AM on May. 1, 2012