Problems with throw up in a 3 month old

My 3 month old (3 months on the 30th) has acid reflux, she's been taking this medicine that has controlled her fussiness and need to eat ALOT all the time... this isn't the problem... the problem is they also changed her to Nutramigen to help with her reflux and fussiness and after EVERY feeding she throws up most of what she just ate.. Only time I slide by the spit up is usually at night when she's asleep and I don't burp her or she'll throw up. I didn't notice her having a problem with throw up when she was on enfamil so IDK if it's the formula or what. She also gets mylacon to help with her gas 'cuz she has alot, I tried taking her off of it but she was so fussy I put her back on. I know it's not spit up, it looks different than spit up and alot of times it's a long time after feeding. Anyone else have these problems? Any suggestions? I thought about adding rice cereal to her milk to make it thicker.. any thoughts?

cvinther2006

Asked by cvinther2006 at 2:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my 2 month old daughter has the same problem, shes on 1 ml of zantac 3 times a day, she is also on goodstart supreme and her doctor put her on 1teaspoon on oatmeal per ounce of formula to thicken the milk and she does fine with that. ask her doctor about thickening your babys feedings to help keep the formula down.
    iloveshealyn

Answer by iloveshealyn at 5:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I highly doubt your baby had reflux in the first place.
    Babies puke. I can't even count the number of times I was puked on today.
    And why do babies need "help" with gas? There is no problem with having a gassy baby.
    Your baby is not ready for rice cereal. Why would you introduce MORE crap to her system??

I suggest not putting so much garbage in your baby and just feed her mama's milk. It's not too late to relactate.
    Second to that, since I doubt you'll consider feeding your baby breastmilk, I'd just stop giving her all the additives and stick to whatever formula you prefer.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Have you talked to her pediatrician about this?? If I was you I would stop giving her all that medicine and just start all over. Pick a new formula and see how she deals with it. Maybe she's allergic to milk based formulas. Most babies spit up but if you think she's throwing up, there's something wrong!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I noticed on your profile you have pics of your baby with chocolate pudding on her face and another with a sucker. Umm... this could be the problem. Your giving your baby stuff her system is so not ready for.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:27 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Wow. Yeah. 3 mos old, pudding, lollipops, and you wonder what's wrong with her tummy. I agree with relactation, if you are interested, let me know and I can point you in the right direction. If not, I'd go back to the formula that she DIDN'T have a problem on, stick with that. Rice cereal is not a great idea for reflux. They used to think so, and sometimes it does help, but more often, it does not help.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2009