Are there any homeschool type videos on youtube, etc for a kindergartner to watch??

I want to supplement my son's education this summer as best I can. I am not very good at teaching things and I work full time but I thought maybe I could find some valuable youtube-ish free videos online of people teaching various Kinder level things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 1, 2012 in General Parenting

• Don't park your child in front of a screen. Get out and experience your city! Parks, zoos, museums, libraries, etc.. Or sit under a tree and read a book, play a game, etc.

The world is an awesome classroom, filled with colors, numbers, sights, sounds, etc..

visit different ethnic communities; catch a free concert in a park or plaza, etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:32 AM on May. 1, 2012

• i don't know a thing about youtube, but the library has a bunch. you could try the letter factory (it's made by leap frog and there's more titles i just don't remember them all) my youngest is into word world, they do all kinds of things with letters. (she's been watching this show on pbs for the past year and knows her upper and lower case letters. it also helps with their sounds) other than that we're doing everything else hands on, she's got an account for pbskids.org and soon as the teacher gets back to me i'm going to have sites that they use in school.
    noel1978

Answer by noel1978 at 11:34 AM on May. 1, 2012

• Teacher Tube has lots of educational videos. http://www.teachertube.com/

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:27 PM on May. 1, 2012

• Leapfrog Talking words factory, talking words factory 2 and there are several others that are awesome. Also check out some school house rock. I have a few that are really good. You can also pick k or 1st gr workbooks. You need to look through them first or you may end up with stuff that he has already done and won't benefit him much or they may be to advanced. I have a ton of educational stuff for the kids to do.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:25 PM on May. 1, 2012