Do you like to fish? (When was the last time you did something for an old person?)

My dad died last year, and I was talking to my mom who is very lonely and depressed and she said she might come visit me. (I live about 4 hours from her and she doesn't get around well and my car doesn't work.) I said, "Maybe we could go fishing?" Her response was really sad. "You want to go fishing with me?" (in a very quiet little girl voice) "Yea mom, it'll be fun!" (Me) "Noone's ever wanted to go fishing with me." (Mom sobbing.)
It broke my heart! Take time to go fishing.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i thi8nk its great that we spend time with older people. All of us should
    Momoftwo278

Answer by Momoftwo278 at 3:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I go to my grams once a wk and I take her out to do her shopping I also take her out to lunch I know she enjoys it since she is also lonely after gpa died.
    pinkanfgrl

Answer by pinkanfgrl at 3:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The last ime i did something with an older family member was driving my grandma around where she use to live, got married to my grandpa and where she grew up at.
    I would go fishing with my dad and go shopping with my mom.
    every summer i would have a BBQ party everyweek for family
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I do something for elderly people almost everyday I am a nurse at a nursing home I love my job it is very rewarding.
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 3:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You are a wonderful daughter.
    Your mom really needs you now.
    Blessings go out to you and her.
    {{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:57 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• that is soo sweet, My dad loves fishing so I think i am going to offer to go with him!
    Candice_brooke

Answer by Candice_brooke at 10:29 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• This is funny that I came upon this because just last night my mom was talking about one of her grandmas that we don't visit very often and I started to feel bad wishing I lived closer so I could start visiting her every day. I use to work in a nursing home and the residents were so grateful of the little things we did for them. Even the grumpy ones who would cuss you out couldn't help but make me smile! I try to make sure my boys see their great grandparents (my SO's grandparents) whenever they can because to me, they are very lucky to have their greatgrandparents still here. My grandparents on both my mom and dads side are gone.
    lagunalove08

Answer by lagunalove08 at 11:43 AM on Jan. 27, 2009