Worried

So I found out I'm pregnant and my bf is 18 and i'm 19 but he was 17 when I concieved.....so my question is can his parents press charges or can the hospital or my doctor do anything??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well I was 17 when I conceived my daughter, and my DH was 23 years old. The hospital never did anything, and neither did my parents. In the state that I live in you can have concentutual sex at the age of 17. I wouldn't be worried about this, I couldn't see the doctors being worried, nor his parents! Good Luck
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i dont see why the hospital or doctor would do anything, your boyfriend, his parents are they not to be but jerks with you? or do you all get along? have to told your boyfriend yet?
    dlepasti

Answer by dlepasti at 3:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Hahahahahaha..
    Yeah, if they hate you enough they can.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 3:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My bf knows and he's excited he's the one who wanted to wait til he turned 18 to tell his mom.....um we get along i lived with him and his mom until I found out I was pregnant...thanks for your help =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I was 17 and my now husband was 17 when we concieved our daughter i had her when i was 18 and he was still 17. My parents hated him but didnt do nothing, the doctors never said nothing to me.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 3:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Ok well that's good!!I guess I can stop worrying now :]
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• What state do you live in?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 3:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• most states the legal age for a male is 16 if you are worried i would look it up can find all kinds of info on your states police site and also if he is 18 now not much they can do i would say lie tell them you never did nothing till his 18th birthday lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Nah, no one would bother with you being so close in age and him being so near to 18. I remember this police officer came to talk to one of my hs classes and said that statutory rape is only really pursued when there is an age difference that is more than 3+ years (15-18) or so. He says no one really cares when both are kids and the same age or one is very close to 18 and they're only a year apart.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2009