Any one with deployed hubbies?

What do you do for care packages?? I'm getting an address for him soon, and i want to send him something to put a smile on his face when he opens it up.

righmire0401

Asked by righmire0401 at 3:13 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• My brother is deployed and he loves to get food like beef jerky, candy not choclate it would melt by the time he got it, We send him chips , protein bars, My dad sends him dvds to watch, bake him some cookies, My husband hasny gone yet but when he does i know he would love to get food and things to do u can also write him a really nice letter along with some goodies.
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 3:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• UPDATED October 5, 2008:
    Please consider donating from the "most requested" items list here. Travel-size and single-serving size work best.
    (see below for specifics on these most requested items)

Single-serving size snacks and non-perishable food items, particularly tuna kits, beef jerky, canned fruit (small containers; pop-top lid), dried fruit, nuts and other healthy snacks
    Pre-sweetened flavored beverage mixes (smaller sizes please)
    Toothbrushes
    Body wash liquid (no pump dispensers please)
    Undershirts (olive green, short sleeve)
    Socks (bootcut, black)
    AA Batteries
    Letters of support
    (letters from you, from children, or from your business, office, school, or other organization in support of our troops)
    AT&T Global Pre-Paid Military Calling Cards
    (calling cards to work in Iraq and Afghanistan must be these specific cards.

Found this list on a website
    lorenzosgurl

Answer by lorenzosgurl at 3:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My hubby can get snacks and what not whenever he wants. He is where there is a px. So I dunno.. lol. Thanks for the list though =D
    righmire0401

Answer by righmire0401 at 3:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Dh loves getting home made cookies. We bake them then freeze them for about a week before we mail them. I send cd's with a slideshow of pic's of the kids, small travel pillows sprayed with my perfume usually every other month then he just tosses the old one. We've sent frisbees, nerf footballs, stress balls, baseball mitts and balls, magazines. If I read a book I think he'll like we send it. He has a microwave in the office so we send those hormel meal things and soup in a cup. And his favorite was an air mattress w/ pump.
    MissInvisible

Answer by MissInvisible at 5:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I used to send my husband DVD's, cd's, video games, phone cards, playing cards, footballs, magazines, snacks, socks, underwear, t-shirts. I also used to mail him cards quite often, just so he was always getting something in the mail, even if it was small. He said he really liked that.
    mom2XandZ

Answer by mom2XandZ at 9:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• If its an actual deployment, he can have semi-nude pics of you. All genitals and nipples need to be covered, but other than that...get naughty! lol. If you have kids then send some pictures they drew/colored. Maybe a small bottle of your signature perfume (so he can spritz it on his pillow and smell you at night when things are the loneliest). Anything homemade or baked will always be a big hit (even bigger if you make enough for him to share). Home videos/dvds of you and family (even doing boring around the house stuff...makes them feel like they are at home-plus you can get stuff done around the house and talk to him like he was there, about your day or anything else that pops into your head...it helps you deal too). Don't forget to get the one-rate boxes the post office gives out. Its only like $12 to mail the box no matter what it weighs and you get them for free.
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 6:26 PM on Jan. 27, 2009