What is the best hair dye to buy and is it okay to dye your hair while breastfeeding?

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 3:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Beauty & Style

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • I just go to target they have a brand thats only like 3 or 4 dollars and it works just fine! yes its ok.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• There really isn't a brand that's better than the others. I've always used Clariol because their conditioner inside is the best out there. But caution may be warented if you are breastfeeding. It's always been recommended that you don't dye your hair when pregnant, and while nothing is conclusive as to a definitive yes or no, hair dye HAS been found in women's urine when tested, so if it can find it's way there, it may find it's way into your breastmilk. So, because of that I'd wait until your child is no longer breastfeeding.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 9:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2009