Tricare pregnancy

Ok so 3 positive test now I feel so confused because on my first pregnancy I went straight to the obgyn but now they say I need to see my primary care provider I guess my regular doctor is this how its supose to be?

gigi519

Asked by gigi519 at 2:22 PM on May. 1, 2012 in Pregnancy

• I had to see my primary care provider who then referred me to an OB/GYN. If you don't have the referral, then you will be paying out of pocket.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 2:24 PM on May. 1, 2012

• Its Tricare. You have to get the referral. Call the PCD line and let them know you just need the referral to see a OB Gyn for pregnancy. Its very simple.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:24 PM on May. 1, 2012

• Its just another pee test and a piece of paper confurming my pregnancy
    gigi519

Comment by gigi519 (original poster) at 2:36 PM on May. 1, 2012

• pretty much.... You know how Tricare can be
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:41 PM on May. 1, 2012

• You have to have a referral to go to any specialty clinic, it is just the way it is.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:07 PM on May. 1, 2012

• On post at the hospital/Clinic on Fort Sill. I tried to make an appointment for my PCP to get a pregnancy test. They told me I had to go to OBGYN and do that. Everything at Reynolds is in one building. But different posts might be different.  Or Tricare has changed again.

Answer by louise2 at 3:50 PM on May. 1, 2012

• Yup, they will do a blood test and then give you a referral to OB.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:56 PM on May. 1, 2012