How difficult is it to learn Spanish math & science? She learns and picks up other things quickly

I was looking at school options for my soon to be kindergartener. One of the schools recieved a 8 out of 10 rating. The only issue I have is that a couple of the parents that rated the school said that math and science are both taught in Spanish. My child may know up to 10 and a couple of colors but not alot. Otherwise it a great school. If we decide to send her there how difficult will it be for her to adjust. She picks up alot rather easily so I'm thinking she might do okay. Or should I chance it and scratch it off our list? Thanks

Asked by Danni143 at 4:19 PM on May. 1, 2012 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Those classes are not taught in English. Where are you?

Answer by meooma at 4:21 PM on May. 1, 2012

• Full immersion Spanish or ESL Spanish (where some English is used, as well)

Full immersion might be a little trickier but I still think she could pull it off. Kids are little sponges and now is the time to get her in there.

Answer by BrawnwynII at 4:22 PM on May. 1, 2012

• there are places that offer spanish for children over the summer, I would check in you state and see if you can get her the basics before if not, she will do okay I think.

LO takes Spanish at preschool and retains it fairly well

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 4:37 PM on May. 1, 2012

• There are several school doing this now days! I Love the concept. It is full immersion mixed with other subjects. There is a lot of visuals and repetition so kids pick up on both aspects of the call. The academics and the language. I wish the school around here did that. It would be so beneficial!

Answer by NotTooWorried at 4:53 PM on May. 1, 2012

• We're in Maryland but are considering moving to Virginia. I'm not sure if it's full immersion. I'd have to check and see. I think if it's the same teacher that maybe it's English and Spanish at the same time not just Spanish.

Comment by Danni143 (original poster) at 5:02 PM on May. 1, 2012