What happens when you ask your DH to move heavy furniture for you? Does he do it for you or does he whine and complain and question you why you want to move it? By the time i have convinced him to do it the argument has begun. It has now been 20 minutes! He does it and you both stomp around bitching at each other! He could have moved it and avoided the whole fight. If i could move it myself I would!! So, WHY don't they just move the furniture?!! HONESTLY!!

sweetheartpink

Asked by sweetheartpink at 3:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My guy doesn't complain out loud. I usually am really grateful and polite. I absolutely cannot lift things though. Attitude of gratitude goes a long way in getting our men to do things for us. I'm sorry you both are having such a hard time of it. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Yep. That pretty much describes the whole thing. Or "let's do it tomorrow I'm watching TV right now".
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 4:21 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• This interests me.

Do you approach your DH differently than your friends for help?

I notice that sometimes (occasionally - ha) I will "bark" at DH to do something - without explanation and without warning. Whereas with a friend, I would say "Hey, what are you doing right now, here's what I want to do, here's why, can you help me now or would later be better?".

To be fair, he'll do the same to me. And he's just the sweetest man and I completely adore him.

But I have found that most of our issues come from not having the same sense of urgency - I need something done NOW and he doesn't.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Do not try this at home!! This Sunday i plan on moving the couch an vaccuming underneath. I hope to squeeze this in around that football thing....What is it called again? Oh Yeah, that SUPERBOWL dealie/thing....After all it is JUST A GAME!!!!! Should i change my marital status from married to pending!!!?
    sweetheartpink

Answer by sweetheartpink at 4:33 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Why do you need to do it on Sunday?
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think it is unreasonable to request that it be done on Superbowl Sunday if your hubby watches football. That isn't fair.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:41 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Depends on if he agrees with what needs to be moved. If he wants it moved he'll do it without question but if he doesn't he'll either say no and walk away (i end up doing it after 30 minutes of arguing) or he gripes about it for 30 minutes and then gets really rude and does it. Of course i have to hear all about it for the next couple of hours. Sometimes it's just easier to do it myself!

kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 5:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My husband is disabled so I AM the heavy furniture mover...
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i QUESS I SHOULD HAVE ADDED LOL!!! DOES NO ONE GET THE SARCASTIC TONE OF PP? I HAVE NOT SURVIVED MARRIAGE FOR 24 YEARS(TO FOOTBALL MANIAC) BY MOVING FURNITURE ON SUPERBOWL SUNDAY!! BESIDES MY COUCH HAS NOT BEEN VACCUMED UNDERNEATH IN 12 YEARS!!!LOL!!!
    sweetheartpink

Answer by sweetheartpink at 6:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Often you will find that sarcasm does not translate to the written word.

To expect that people will both answer your question honestly plus read your page to find out the length of your marriage could be considered to be asking a lot.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 6:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2009