How often do you get sick and do you realize it when you are?

I don't get sick often (knock on wood), but I have seasonal allergies. It seems that after our move that I have allergies to more things here than were we used to live because it's an ongoing thing. I take an allergy pill every day and that takes care of the worst of it.

The other day I was clearing my throat and all of a sudden it started to really bother me. Not sure why, but it just did. I looked in a mirror with a flashlight at the back of my throat and there was a white spot on my uvula, but not in my throat. I figured it would either go away or get worse and went on with my day.

Today I woke up and I feel like I'm dragging my ass around, can't get motivated and have a dull headache. I drag my butt to the gym and work out thinking it would just get better (as circulation seems to make a difference with my head congestion from the allergies), but it doesn't. My stomach hurts and the headache is getting worse. I got in the car and finally figured out that this isn't allergies, I think I might be sick. I checked my temp when I got home (after cooling down for a while) and I have a low grade fever. Checked my throat again and the white spot is gone and replaced by a red spot.

So, am I pregnant? LOL, JUST KIDDING.

It didn't even occur to me that I might be sick because of the ongoing allergy issues I have. Do you get sick and sometimes brush it off and figure that it's something else, or are you more in tune with your body and can tell when you are coming down with something?

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 5:07 PM on May. 1, 2012 in Health

• Well allergies can give yo those symptoms like a cold. Yes, I know when I am sick & feeling run down, you made it to the gym though! good for you. Take it easy.
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 5:10 PM on May. 1, 2012

• I get sick every few years. Two of my kids got real sick a few weeks ago. I went up to Dallas to see a Rangers game with my sister and I knew I was getting sick. My throat and head hurt. I had to drive back down to SA feeling like crap. Next day I had a fever of almost 103. And 8 days later I still feel sick. It's that headache and sore throat and general feeling of malaise. Something is going around.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 5:13 PM on May. 1, 2012

• I think I'm pretty in tune with my body. It is difficult to determine ongoing allergy issues and cold flu symptoms.
    Hope you get better soon. Are you going to the doctor?

Yes, pregnant. Congratualtions.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:22 PM on May. 1, 2012

• allergies do screw things up. Sometimes I take benadryl at night to stop the post nasal drip from allergies and it also stops the sore throat. but fever is a sure sign it's not allergies!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:50 PM on May. 1, 2012

• I get sick very few months, and yes I realize it. I rarely take medicine though, unless it is bad enough for me not to be able to take care of things without it. I try to not take medicine unless absolutely necessary. I live through aches and pains and colds and sore throats.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:01 PM on May. 1, 2012

• It really sounds like you are coming down with something.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 6:02 PM on May. 1, 2012

• Not often but when i do i get hit hard.
    mommys2cupcakes

Answer by mommys2cupcakes at 6:28 PM on May. 1, 2012

• The allergy meds do a pretty decent job, but some days the pollen is pretty high and I have more symptoms than others. It usually doesn't make me feel lethargic though. I was feeling tired and lazy earlier so I figured that going to the gym would snap me out of it. I wore myself out on the elliptical and started to do some of the weight machines and just felt off. I was getting a little achy and worn down by that time. I think that's when it hit me that I felt more sick than I was feeling the allergies. Now only a few hours later I am feeling totally worn down.

I don't really see a reason to go to the Dr. I doubt they can do anything for me anyhow. It's probably just a cold or virus. IDK.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 5:54 PM on May. 1, 2012