prayer request

I have always wondered . . . as a religious person, do you believe that you need lots and lots of prayers to get what you need or want? If you are the only person that prays for what you need, does God not answer your prayers?

jcsscfam5

Asked by jcsscfam5 at 3:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• 18Pray in the Spirit at all times with every kind of prayer and request. Likewise, be alert with your most diligent efforts and pray for all the saints.
    Ephesions 6

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• When that day comes, you won't ask me any more questions. I can guarantee this truth: If you ask the Father for anything in my name, he will give it to you. 24 So far you haven't asked for anything in my name. Ask and you will receive so that you can be completely happy.
    25 "I have used examples to illustrate these things. The time is coming when I won't use examples to speak to you. Rather, I will speak to you about the Father in plain words. 26 When that day comes, you will ask for what you want in my name. I'm telling you that I won't have to ask the Father for you.
    John 16

SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• 15 The news about Jesus spread even more. Large crowds gathered to hear him and have their diseases cured. 16 But he would go away to places where he could be alone for prayer.
    Luke 5
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• God is not an ATM machine.

I pray to God to give thanks, to ask for clarification, to draw upon my Father's strength.

Not for a pony.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 4:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Hmm. Did Jesus not say to ask for what you want and need? I too give thanks and draw upon God. I believe in praying without ceasing.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 4:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I feel that God will hear me alone. If I pray for another person it is for the healing that they need & because it is of importance to me... not because I feel that they need all the prayers they can get.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• as for me i believe... i have a habit for just asking for something i want.. but in all reality i know i work for what i want he cant do it all he wants me to do my part. i prey not as often as i should. i thank him more then i prey does that make sense???

shannonmarie759

Answer by shannonmarie759 at 5:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• God hears your prayers and answers them, whether alone or with a group.

snowgirl79

Answer by snowgirl79 at 5:39 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• "Two or more gathered in my name..."

Yes, having a collective prayer go out for you can certainly help you with whatever you're seeking. But it still must line up with God's desire for you. God is ALWAYS listening to our prayers and He ALWAYS answers them. Even if the answer is no, He's answering.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 7:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• jenettyshome, that is exactly the verse I was thinking of. God tells us in His word wherever two or more are gathered in my name, there I will be also. He gives us all spiritual gifts,and for some it's being a prayer warrior,and He wants us to utilize their gifts, and have them pray over us,and our situations. Even though He knows what they are already, He wants to hear from us that we believe and trust in Him to deliver us from them.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2009