I have chronic back pain, has anyone found an excersize that helps such as yoga?

eblue3

Asked by eblue3 at 5:34 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Health

• I dont know if it works but I have back pain and I am starting a class this evening ,I will let you know how I feel tomorrow lol///
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 6:36 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I suffered from chronic back pain for years.  The first step to curing it is to determine what is causing it. I went to my doctor and had x-rays which didn't show anything abnormal so out of sheer desperation I went to a chiropractor (which I didn't have any faith in) and he discovered the problem and fixed it.  It took about a year to get it sorted but it feels wonderful to live pain free.

A lot of chronic back pain is caused by lax abdominal muscles so do ab exercises, you might find that that will help.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I have back pain/ sciatica. There are a couple yoga moves I do daily that help wonderfully. I don't know what they're called. You get down on hands and knees and arch your back like a cat and then drop your head and stretch other way. It hurts like hell when I do it but it feels great afterwards.
    aeemom

Answer by aeemom at 9:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I absolute love pilates. I have chronic neck pain and I find that working the core muscles (abs) relieves a lot of the tension and pain. It also relieves stress and gives me more energy. Personally I use Denise Austin's Hit the Spot Pilates. The DVD is broken down into 10 minute segments, so you can exercise as little or as much as you want to.
    chickadee8654

Answer by chickadee8654 at 10:17 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• thanks so much ! I will try these things, sounds good to me.
    eblue3

Answer by eblue3 at 12:41 PM on Jan. 28, 2009