Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


was selling labs pups online for 125

well this woman bought one but she had to post date a check for 100

she saw i put them on...for 50 ...she said she will cancel the 100 check...bc she thinks it unfair... unless i make her a deal...can i just take her to court???


Asked by Anonymous at 6:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (8)
  • that is called false advertising, I would make the deal with her and learn from this expereince,
    And start typing out contracts before you sell anything. the court system can be very expensive.
    When you advertise it has to honest and correct.

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • Does she already have possession of the puppy?

    Answer by halfpint_ny at 6:51 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • Yes!

    Answer by Anonymous at 7:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • I'm thinking that $100 is less that what could be consider a crime. I'm thinking that it has to be at least $300, but then again, what do I know? lol At this point, if you think that you might become a breeder and want to sell again, I would chaulk it up to making a mistake for taking a check to begin with. I would always insist on cash exchange even if you know the person. I think Banks say that it is illeagal to post date a check, but then again, what do I know? Err on the side that kicks your own butt and agree to take $50, but she must come immediately and make the check good by giving you $50 cash. Call her bank first and ask what the laws are for writing post dated checks.

    Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:42 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • I'm sure you can. Just remember that you'll initially be out the money to take her to court. I know around here small claims court runs at least $60.00 just to file. And then if you get a judgment against her and she still refuses to pay, YOU have to enforce it and try to get the money from her. All the courts will do is report the judgment to the credit bureaus. That's how it works where I live anyway. We take people to small claims all the time for unpaid bills where I work.

    Answer by Silvertears1275 at 8:48 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • that effin bit**. If she already has they puppy i would just get him back and give her her freakin money back. I can't stand people like that. It wouldn't be worth trying to pursue it through court it would cost way more than just discounting the puppy to $50.00. The only thing you may can do to get your money it to take the check to her bank the one it is drawn off of and cash it right then. Then she can't send it back against your account because u didn't deposit it and already got your money. Beat her to the bunch. But if the bank isn'tlocal, that doesn't help you. I don't know if you can call the cops or not and have them pick up the pup and give her money back on grounds of payment not in full as AGREED. I don't know if they could help you or not. I really hope you get this worked out, and that bit** gets whats coming her way. What goes around comes around.

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • It will cost her to cancel the check, so maybe you could offer the puppy for $75. She bought the puppy right away, so she was able to choose the dog she wanted. People who buy dogs now will have less of a choice, thus the lower price. You should explain that to her, and urge her to adopt a dog in the future since there are too many homeless dogs to begin with. Please also reconsider breeding and selling puppies for this reason.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

  • my friend is a breeder and has a contrat that she just prints out and makes them sign first stating all of her rules if they dont sign she does not sell to them. she uses this rule for the puppies and the sugar gliders. gl next time

    Answer by nannybopeep at 11:24 AM on Jan. 27, 2009