??????

was selling labs pups online for 125

well this woman bought one but she had to post date a check for 100

she saw i put them on...for 50 .the next day ..she said she will cancel the 100 check...bc she thinks it unfair... unless i make her a deal...can i just take her to court???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pets

• obviously if you dropped the price so drastic then you must be desperate to get rid of them do yourself a favor take the fifty and use it to fix your dog obviously it shouldn't be making puppies if you can't get rid of them for the correct price
    babyspots17

Answer by babyspots17 at 1:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• so you actually gave her the puppy with a post dated check . I dont think you will have a leg to stand on .
    loulou332

Answer by loulou332 at 6:35 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I'm pretty sure it is illegal to write a post dated check... but then it would be illegal to accept one too. I think the best thing you can do is file a police report and claim that you didn't check the date. Then again that would be lying... you may just want to let this one go. That poor dog!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Wow 125? Good deal! We got our black lab for 250!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• They do warn you on them sites not to accept personal checks that was your choice,
    your mistake, you broke the law ..so did she by post dating the check....so i would say she gave you 25 already tell her to pay you 25 more in cash for the 50 your selling the dogs it was kind of rotten of you honestly to put it up 100 dollars more cheaper. less than a day!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't have accepted a post dated check, you were just asking for problems. Yes, I would take her to court. I used to sell puppies, and I've had people give bad checks before and then refuse to pay. I had to stop accepting checks. Make a police report and then take her to court. You have the check, so you can proove that she intended to pay for it. I hope it all works out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You had them listed at $125 and dropped them down to $50??? What's wrong with the puppies? If I was her, I'd be ticked off too! Wouldn't you?!

The whole "check" thing is just silly. You live, you learn. Never accept checks like that. When I post things for sale...I list them as CASH ONLY!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Make her a deal... a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush! Live and learn :)
    dhoppe

Answer by dhoppe at 12:27 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I wouldn't have accepted a check at all. But she does have a point. Why did you sell her a dog for $100 and then change the price to $50? Give her her money back.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It would cost more than $50. to take her to court. If for some reason you had to accept a check, you don't give the dog until the check clears, but if you lowered the price the next day, she should get the lower price because the transaction with her was not complete.
    LoriW

Answer by LoriW at 1:43 PM on Jan. 27, 2009