Is there anyone on cafe mom that could give me some.....

Marriage advice...I think my marriage is close to being over, things just are not that good anymore, I don't want to give up. If you'll talk to me send me a messege. Thanks.

HappyWifeNmom

Asked by HappyWifeNmom at 7:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• Once we decide the marriage isn't as good as it once was, we start making a list in our minds of all the grievances that we have and all the past wrongs. Every little thing we notice and add that to our list. Earlier in the marriage in the first bloom of excitement and love, we would overlook or dismiss the same things that now we criticize. Violence, drugs and drinking, abuse, not contributing to the household either by money or work, cheating, these would be deal- breakers, and you should be making your plans to move on, for sure. Lack of communication, lack of attention, these are bad, too, but with counseling or talking or taking time to spend time alone and talking, this may mean the marriage could still be saved. If you don't have one of the deal-breaker problems, study your reactions and thoughts and think if you are the one who has changed and if you can kindle that spark again. Good luck and hugs.

Answer by Bmat at 10:06 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Have you maybe tried talking to him or getting couseling?
    ArmyWifeNewMom

Answer by ArmyWifeNewMom at 7:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Is he easy to talk? to if not you might have to move on with out him like it or not. Do you honestly feel like there is hope? If so...keep trying ask your self what went wrong and go from there and back track. Can you make a date to go out just the two of you (you have to make time) you can't just go on waiting when will the day come when you guys are off together it won't happen...you have to make it happen. Take him out and have a great time...Whatever you are going through I am sure you can work out...Don't throw it all away. If he is not willing then he leaves no choice but to move on. I  pray all works out for you guys.good luck

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Get the book ... THe love Dare.. its a forty day challenge to help your marriage.. and watch the movie.. Its a great way to reconnect with your husband and levels that you had when you first were together. I promise it works
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 10:50 AM on Jan. 27, 2009