Can you help me describe this symptom? Have you ever had anything like it?

Since about 11am today I.ve been having this weird in and off pressure-like sensation in my head beginning at what feels likes the end of my ear canals and pulsates thru my head. It comes and goes but it's getting worse. It doesn't feel like my ears need to pop and I.m not stuffed up at all. It doesn't feel like pressure on my skull but rather like someone is sqeezing my brain. It doesn't hurt and I don't really have a headache but it makes me a bit dizzy. It's really hard to describe. My face was warm and flush for a while earlier but that went away. I was thunking sinuses but I'm not congested at all and don't have pain or pressure in my face. It's all in my head behind my ears, but my ears aren't stuffed or hurtung either. Has anyone ever had this symptom? It's kind of scary.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 PM on May. 1, 2012 in Health

• Sorry for typos I'm on my phone..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:11 PM on May. 1, 2012

• It's possible to have sinus congestion without having nasal congestion, that's all I can think of.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 9:11 PM on May. 1, 2012

• Migraine maybe
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 9:11 PM on May. 1, 2012

• It does sound like sinus issues to me. You can get that major pressure with a completely clear nose
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 9:14 PM on May. 1, 2012

• Thanks ladies. I'm going to chalk it up to sinuses as it is now moving to my temples and the bridge of my nose and I'm starting to get a slight ache at the center of my forehead just above my eyes..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:30 PM on May. 1, 2012

• Yep, that's sinus crap. :( Sorry and I hope you feel better soon.

Get some steam going so you can get that stuff moving down and out.
    BrawnwynII

Answer by BrawnwynII at 9:31 PM on May. 1, 2012

• The thing that concerns me is that you say it feels like it is squeezing your brain combined with the dizziness ... If you were one of my patients we would be putting you in an ambulance. At your age it is most likely a tension headache (different from a migraine and the symptoms fit). However, a vice like grip feel across the top of the head CAN be indicative of an oncoming stroke. If you experience any of these other symptoms -- double vision, drowsiness, sudden confusion, trouble speaking, or vomiting -- go to the ER immediately.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 9:33 PM on May. 1, 2012

• I don't know her age, I am assuming she isn't 80, though.

OP -- If you are 80, go the the ER.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 9:43 PM on May. 1, 2012

• Lol I'm not 80. I actually did Google symtoms of stroke earlier today but other than the pressure and slight dizziness (which could be many things) I didn't have any of the other symptoms :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:17 PM on May. 1, 2012

• It sounds like upper sinus fluid build up. Your nose can be clear but you can still have congestion further back. If the fluid keeps building up it can back into the ear canal which could cause pressure and dizziness. Anytime fluid is backing up in the ears you can have vertigo issues. Try using regular saline nasal spray afew times a day to keep things moist and a decongestant if you have one. If it doesn't get better or the dizziness gets worse I'd see a doc in case you need antibiotics to clear up an infection. Small chance it could be something else but really sounds like sinus with inner ear involvement.
    LBoogie0617

Answer by LBoogie0617 at 5:19 PM on May. 2, 2012