Confused...

Here it is ladies....HELP! I am two weeks late for my period, every pregnancy test i took thus far has been negative. HOWEVER, I had cramping and that feeling like you have done a whole bunch of situps and your muscles in your abdomen are tired and achy, frequent urination, a really good smeller, really gaggy, been very hungry, very exhausted, AND NOW the centers of my nipples turned white and it looks like I am starting to get colostrum did i mention the SORE SORE boobs!! I thought it would be wayyy early for colostrum because if i am preggo it would only be about 5-6 weeks. I got colostrum with my first around 12 weeks. But maybe since i breastfed less than a year ago it didn't take as long but.... How is it possible that I am still getting a negative test and getting colostrum?! Anyone PLEASE?! Doctors are supposed to be mailing me a script for a blood test...still haven't gotten it?!

LOVE2bMOMMY525

Asked by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 7:28 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Maybe there is some kind of hormonal imbalance or other gyn issue going on.
    halfpint_ny

Answer by halfpint_ny at 7:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• i remember the docs telling me the store brand preg tests are just as good as thiers. id procede as if you were pregnant just in case you are. and see what the docs test say
    Thalie

Answer by Thalie at 7:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Just like the first response...sometimes your hormone levels are not high enough yet for a test to pick up on it. If your blood test is soon then save yourself the money and wait for that or at least give it another full week before you take another test! I wish you the best w/ your TTC. If your not prego then make sure to go see your OBGYN and tell him/her about whats going on. Good Luck!
    mmharper90

Answer by mmharper90 at 7:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think you know your own body so I'd go with the blood test otherwise you might spend a small fortune on pregnancy tests. I took probably 10 tests before I got a positive but I just new I was pregnant. Best wishes!!
    Lynsey27

Answer by Lynsey27 at 12:00 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• it sounds like your preggo to me, but maybe your not far along enough for the tests to pick it up.I took 4 test the last time was preggo 2 post. 2 neg. blood test and all said I was preggo. But you know when you are all the peeing moodyness nausea and tiredness.....
    Anonymous

• I experienced exactly what you have. I was in the shower, I noticed white dots on my nipples, I squeezed my breast and was able to get a drop of what looked like colostrum out. (this was before I was even far enough along to take a pregnancy test.) I hadn't been able to get a drop of milk out of either breast since a coupe weeks after i weaned my daughter (about a year ago). I was also exhausted, hungry, and had to use the restroom way more than normal. When I took my test 4 days later it came out positive, and I have since confirmed it with a blood test @ the doc office.
    And a side note, My SIL wasn't able to get a positive test until she was 6 weeks pregnant with her baby she is currently carrying.
    Cortnye

Answer by Cortnye at 2:34 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The sore boobs, feeling nautious & tired makes me think you could be preg. With my second pregnancy it took a few weeks to get a posative test. They were showing up negative for at least 2 weeks for some reason but I was! Give it time & try to be patient. If you are it'll show up on the test eventually.
    Vballchick

Answer by Vballchick at 2:47 PM on Jan. 27, 2009