Does anyone have more information on veiling in paganism?

I've recently been thinking of wearing a veil, but until recently thought that as a eclectic solitary witch with a Celtic leanings it would be odd. I've resisted the urge for the most part, there have been a few time in spell work or ritual that I just HAD to cover my head. I know many follow a veiled Goddess such as Hestia, but I really haven't found a Celtic Goddess that wore a veil. I don't know maybe someone is trying to tell me something and I'm being dense lol.
But I would love any and all view points on why you cover and any information concerning it. Thank you.

artio.sd

Asked by artio.sd at 1:30 AM on May. 2, 2012 in Religion & Beliefs

• SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:05 AM on May. 2, 2012

• There are a couple of blogs by pagans that veil...google searching might be too broad, but if you go to some of the blog sites (wordpress, blogger, blogspot, livejournal, etc), and use their search, it might give you some different perspectives and such.

If its something that calls to you, meditate on it, and make a commitment to try it for a period of time, and then do it. Even if it isn't meant to be part of your path, you can still learn and grow from the experience.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 9:19 AM on May. 2, 2012

• This is an interesting question and though I am no wich I am interested to hear th responses. Thank you for asking
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:46 AM on May. 4, 2012

• Are you saying that if you were to find a a celtic deity who wore a veil that you would worship it because of that?
    Iloveclay

Answer by Iloveclay at 7:03 AM on May. 4, 2012

• Not necessarily lloveclay. I just was finding it odd that as a individual who normally feels called to celtic Goddess such as the Morrgiu, Cerrwidin, and Artio would begin to feel the call to be veiled. They are not usually thought of as veiled Goddesses. I do understand that most women wore the hair covered for various reasons in the past but that just dosent seem to answer this feeling of being called. I'm not so good at subtle so the three previous Ladies mentioned above just kind of used a sledgehammer to get my attention. But I have been doing some serious research though of various Goddesses of my pantheon, and will branch out, to see if it IS a subtle tap from outside of my normal circle of Deities.
    artio.sd

Comment by artio.sd (original poster) at 9:41 AM on May. 4, 2012