I think my son handled this well, don't you

My son is 24 years old. He and his wife had us all over to their new home for what everyone but me and my DD in law's mom thought would be a housewarming party she told me and her mom before hand that she was pregnant. When they made the announcement, everyone was excited, everyone accept my ex hubby's wife. We are both 42 years old his wife is 30 and she started freaking out saying "I don't want to be a grandma at 30, this is so embarrassing. This woman married my ex less then 2 years ago, she wasn't even with them when my son and DD in law got married but from what I have seen of her, she likes to make everything about her. Well my DD in law was in tears, this is the first grandchild on both sides of the family so I knew they were excited for all of us to be happy (which again, everyone was, except ex's wife) and her response was clearly hurtful. My son looked over at her and said "don't worry, no one will consider you this baby's grandmother or anything really". He took his dad aside and told him they needed to leave. After that is was a great night. I am so proud of my son, he has always had a hard time standing up to his dad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:00 AM on May. 2, 2012 in Adult Children (18+)

• he did handle it very well. much nicer than i would have been
    couponluv72

Answer by couponluv72 at 5:11 AM on May. 2, 2012

• He handled it better than I would have done. If she didn't want the chance of being a young "grandma" she shouldn't have married an older man with kids close to her age. My MIL is a young grandmother and actually looks even younger than she is but she is more than happy about being a grandmother, and she still has preteens to take care of. This woman sounds very ignorant. I probably would have used some colorful language.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 5:19 AM on May. 2, 2012

• i don'[t think that i would have handled it as well as he did. maybe she should have thought about that before marrying someone with grown children who are married. what did she think that they would wait until she was older to have kids? she sounds pretty selfish to me. i hope that your ex does not hold it against your son that he asked them to leave because that would not be fair.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:08 AM on May. 2, 2012

• Thank you all, I am so proud of my son
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:18 AM on May. 2, 2012

• Wow. Just wow. Your son deserves a standing ovation for that. You have every right to be proud of him!
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 7:05 AM on May. 2, 2012

• I can't believe she said that. they have only been married 2 years. Your son made it clear she will never be grandma to his kids. Good for him.

Answer by louise2 at 7:14 AM on May. 2, 2012

• Very proud moment for sure. He said the absolute most perfect comeback to his dad's wife. Your son is a great man!!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:17 AM on May. 2, 2012

• Wow! Love him!
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:26 AM on May. 2, 2012

• he did! i love what he said to the step!
    annanonnymommy

Answer by annanonnymommy at 10:35 AM on May. 2, 2012

• Good for him. You must be so proud.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 11:46 AM on May. 2, 2012