WHY ARE PEOPLE........

SO ANTI-ISRAEL ON CM?????????

Christianity teaches that God has a soft spot for Israel and wants us to "bless" them, and He will bless us. Pretty dern cut and dried.
Some people gripe about Isarael when it has no basis in reality or is illogical.
Why do you think that is? Sick of it. I think instructions to us concerning Israel are pretty clear.

mustbeGRACE

Asked by mustbeGRACE at 8:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My preacher always explained it as "Turn you back on Isreal, and a back wil turn to you." I think this goes in the religious section, not politics though.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 8:02 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think because many are young and dont do much study either into the Bible or into history. Instead they listen to the liberal rants and whats popular at the moment without considering how they might respond if their country and land were under attack by radical terrorists. I am with you ladies though because I was taught the same things and have been around long enough to know I support Israel.

Answer by gemgem at 8:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think the ones that are anti-Israel ARE Muslim/Palestinian! There are a few screen names I recognize as being quite vocal about their stance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Gem Gem, I agree with you
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I think this question belongs here because someone here was complaining about the US giving money to Israel.
    Plenty of people pride themselves on the fact that America gives money to so many people around the world and how wonderful it is to give.
    Just not any to Israel...................
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 8:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• The media has a strong platform in which to convince the masses.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 8:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• There is a small but VERY LOUD group on CM that get a lot of attention.. They are not the norm, they just put maximum effort into getting attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:44 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I always remember growing up my father saying Israel should have never been created. I'm not anti-Israel but I'm not pro Israel either. I don't think you can force the second coming of Christ and I believe that's what some people are trying to do.
    smalltowngal

Answer by smalltowngal at 8:55 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• maybe because we all have different opinions and just because we don't agree with you doens't mean we don't understand history. but rather we see without the christiniaty biased. Not everyone here is christian.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I am a Christian, but I also have a brain that God gave me to reason. At this point, it is clear to me that Israel and Palestine are BOTH to blame for the continuing violence. They are like two children who have been fighting so long they can't even remember why. A strong "parent" like the US President needs to step in and convince the parties to stop the fighting. Then, they need to find a way to live in peace as neighbors.
    momtokate

Answer by momtokate at 9:32 AM on Jan. 27, 2009