Shoes and Babies

Ok, I need opinions.. I have a 10 month old in FT daycare, she just began to walk, and is being incorporated into the toddler room from the baby room. Should she be wearing more than socks? Everything I read states barefoot is best, so I figured socks were enough.

Should I have her in shoes at daycare? Or is it ok for her to be toddling around in just socks?? I dont care if her socks get dirty, I just bleach them :)

ZoeKatsMom

Asked by ZoeKatsMom at 8:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would ask the schools policy on it. I would put shoes on either way especially if the other kids have shoes on in case she got stepped on or something like that. There are alot of questions you need to ask like do they go outside and play? Are the other kids in shoes? Are soft sole shoes ok? Call and ask them. If they say its ok to do socks Id do socks and send extra pairs and maybe pack a pair of shoes in case they go outside or something so she wont step on a rock or if they have bikes have her feet run over by a wheel etc.

Answer by gemgem at 8:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I'd put the soft soled shoes on. Like the Robeez, or any variation of those, Target has some, I call them Faux-Beez.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:26 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I would get shoes only because she is in a daycare, at home it's different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I would do soft soled shoes at school for protection...at home no shoes at all.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:56 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• If you have to have them, get her a pair of Robeez.. THey are great for walking and super soft.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2009