Can someone help me help my friend?

I was talking to one of my friends today... He has a 16 y.o. cousin (female) & he recently found that she is looking a porn on the computer. She lives with him... He is sure she's not sexually active & he needs to talk to her about it. He just doesnt know HOW to go about it... they dont have THAT kind of relationship... do any of you ladies have any advice on this? I have 3 boys & none at the age of exploring yet... Thanks in advance.

luvmyboys2

Asked by luvmyboys2 at 8:45 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• she's 16 and at that age sex becomes interesting. she just needs the sex talk,a nd if he can't give it to her then he needs to find someone, maybe female, that she gets along with and respects and trusts to give it to her. also, he should put some parental controls on the computer so she doesn't get into that stuff anymore- some of it does cost money to look at.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 8:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Not only the sex talk, but the fact that real sex is not usually like the stuff they see on porn sites, and with a 16 year old girl that most "real women" do not look like the women portrayed in the adult industry, that their bodies are largely the product of a good plastic surgeon.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Is there no female in his house with them? How did he get custody of a 16 yr old cousin? What does he want to say to her about it? She's learning about sexuality. How else does he want her to learn? It's not a whole lot different than some movies out in the world and videos are practically pornographic.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:12 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You know he can get a program that blocks porn and other sites.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• Thank you ladies for answering, keep them coming... I'll be relaying some of this advice.. i've pretty much told him most of it anyway before asking... LOL thanks again!
    luvmyboys2

Answer by luvmyboys2 at 10:53 AM on Jan. 28, 2009

• i would have him ask a female relative too have this talk with her she could totally feel freaked out with him doing so
    Anonymous

• IMHO information can not be bad. Being educated and informed about sex and bodies is a good thing. She will one day have sex, and she should be educated and prepared. The worst thing to do is pretend it will never happen. Prepare her with condom and BC information. She should have a female adult that she is comfortable talking to about sex.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on Feb. 1, 2009