Waking up too early!!!

Ok, why is my 7 month old all of a sudden waking up at 5am, when she normally sleeps through the night until 7am? Happened three days in a row. She doesn't wake up crying for a bottle, just talking away happy as can be. I load her up with food prior to going to bed, and she is kinda teething, but not crying or upset about the teeth. Any thoughts on how I can keep her down longer? No issue with darkness, as no light gets into her room until about 7am

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Their sleep patterns just change. Sounds like you have an early riser. So do I!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 9:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• because she isn't tired anymore. like you said she wakes up happy. my son used to sleep til 930 but now only sleeps til 630 but i put him in bed with me and he'll sleep til 8. this morning though he slept til 830 ahhh i was so happy LOL

But obviously she isn't tired... if you want her to go back to bed put her in bed with you and get her to go to sleep. For me it hasn't caused any problems he still sleeps fine in his crib.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My 7 month old went through this recently to. Usually would wake up at 7 like clockwork and then started waking up at like 5:30 just talking away to herself in her crib. This lasted about a week and half I guess. I never got up with him and went in there because I knew he was happy just talking away. Some times he would fall back to sleep. If he cried eventually, then I would go and get him. I think their sleep patterns just change and then different developmental things happen to them that causes this. It should pass soon....
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Oh i forgot to mention when this started happening I eliminated 1 nap during the day. He was tkaing 3 naps and now I have him at 2. He was sleeping 4-5 hours a day for naps and how he only gets 3 hours. That helped...
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Try putting him to bed an hour later.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• ohhhh i was justg going to post this question!!! my 7 month old has been going down at 7 and waking up at 7 and now its down at 8 and up by oh lets say 330 or 4! i also have a three year old...who wakes up at 7....sleep deprived mommy ....oh well its all worth it to me!
    HisServant4ever

Answer by HisServant4ever at 2:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009