ok im 6 weeks pregnant i went to the er last night with some cramping no bleeding and they did an ultrasound and the yolk sac was empty im really worried has anyone had this happen to them before and things turn out ok?

CASSANDRA56745

Asked by CASSANDRA56745 at 9:00 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At 6 weeks even an experienced US tech can't see a baby. I'm sure at the ER at night time an ultrasound tech didn't even do it, it was just a nurse or some other person not formally trained. It looks like an empty sack until AT LEAST 8-10 weeks. I'm sure you are fine.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Yes, my dr couldn't find anything until like 8-9 wks on ultrasound. I was a very high risk, so they kept doing ultrasounds until they could definitively say that I was indeed pregnant and not a tubular pregnancy or miscarriage. (and by the way, I had a good bit of cramping in the beginning, that settled down soon thereafter, and it turned out to be nothing - but I would check with your doctor to be sure in your particular case) (((HUGS))) Hang in there! My little guy will turn 3 in June! GL!
    Miracle_pg

Answer by Miracle_pg at 9:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• this is my fifth pregnancy and i have been high risk for all and starting having ultrasounds as soon as i found out for all i cant exactly remember how early but there was always something there.thanks guys i hope your right
    CASSANDRA56745

Answer by CASSANDRA56745 at 9:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Yesterday you said you were 8 weeks. What the truth? *sniff sniff* what that smell?
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:18 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• no i havent had my official ultrasound to find out how along i am i was going by the day i thought i conceived i didnt even know i was pregnant i went to the doctors a couple of weeks ago because my cervix was very very low so they did a follow up sonogram to find out what was going on and thats when the tec told me i was prego but when they messured the sac last night at the er they said i was messureing at 6 weeks thats supposed to be tommarow but im going in to my docs today hopefully they do an ultrasound and something is there but more than likely there gonna make me wait until tommarow
    CASSANDRA56745

Answer by CASSANDRA56745 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I had a very highly experienced sonographer ( she was there for my other two and for my sister before that) she was able to find the little "peanut" at 6 weeks... but she's been doing it for YEARS so yeah, wait for the specialist to start stressing.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 9:58 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• HA! My last baby this happened. It's just too early to see anything. All that shows up is the yolk sac. I had two ultrasounds that did this. It's just that it may be you aren't as pregnant as you think you are. The cramping and spotting, well welcome to the glorious first trimester. I did this too. Give it a few weeks and get another ultrasound, you may be pleasantly suprised! Good luck.
    Steff107

Answer by Steff107 at 3:33 PM on Jan. 27, 2009