My DD has an ear infection and cough/cold.

I posted a question about this the other day but it didnt get alot of answers and I need help. My DD is on medication for what i named above. Antibiodic or however its spelt for her ear and a cough syrup for duhh her cough and baby tylenol for her cold. Her ears fine but it seems like the cough medicine isnt helping at all and her nose is all backed up and she cqant sleep at night. Ive been getting as much snot out as I can with that squezzie thing lol but its not enough. Someone said vicks vapor rub but i dont have any. What a home remedy i can use because its affecting her sleeping scheduale and mine. Shes only 5 months old but she already sleeps thru the night.

lovencasper5307

Asked by lovencasper5307 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as she is stuffy, she's going to cough. The cough can last a couple of weeks after her cold symptoms are gone, too.

Keep her head elevated.
    Run a humidifier (cool mist or steam) in her room to keep things loose.
    Steam her in the bathroom at least once a day and let it run out/suction it out as you can.
    Saline nasal drops to help loosen thing sup in her nose. (suction if see something, but not necessary)
    Tylenol for the discomfort.

The more medicine you give for a cold, the longer it will last. She needs to cough and run her nose to get the virus out of her system (oh...watch out for more runny poops in her diaper..happens with my guys when they have colds)

Be careful suctioning too much...it can cause the nasal passages to become inflamed making it harder for her to breathe....
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Ticcled said it all. You might want to get a vapor plug or little vapor fan.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:47 AM on Jan. 27, 2009