My DD has an ear infection and cough/cold....

I posted a question about this the other day but it didnt get alot of answers and I need help. My DD is on medication for what i named above. Antibiodic or however its spelt for her ear and a cough syrup for duhh her cough and baby tylenol for her cold. Her ears fine but it seems like the cough medicine isnt helping at all and her nose is all backed up and she cqant sleep at night. Ive been getting as much snot out as I can with that squezzie thing lol but its not enough. Someone said vicks vapor rub but i dont have any. What a home remedy i can use because its affecting her sleeping scheduale and mine. Shes only 5 months old but she already sleeps thru the night.

lovencasper5307

Asked by lovencasper5307 at 9:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Health

• I used to turn on the hot water in the shower and wait for it to get really steamy in there, then go sit with him for 3 minutes or so on the toliet seat, Opens up the airways and breaks up all the mucus so that when you use the bulb syringe it will be loose and you will really get a bunch of it out.

Do it a few times a day and before bed ......but not for too long as lil ones are sensitive to the heat.

After the steam, I'd rub some baby Vicks rub on his back and chest. Its made of more natural ingredients so it won't labor their breathing like the adult stuff. Don't use that one!

I don't know what cough meds she is on but the only one that ever worked for my son was the INFANTS' TYLENOL COLD PLUS COUGH, doctors usally recommend the other brands because they don't have aspirin in them but since she is taking tylenol anyway it'll be fine to cut out the two meds and just give her that one

Good luck!
    Allysmom11

Answer by Allysmom11 at 7:28 PM on Jan. 27, 2009