My DD has a ear infection and cough/cold. Helpp

I posted a question about this the other day but it didnt get alot of answers and I need help. My DD is on medication for what i named above. Antibiodic or however its spelt for her ear and a cough syrup for duhh her cough and baby tylenol for her cold. Her ears fine but it seems like the cough medicine isnt helping at all and her nose is all backed up and she cqant sleep at night. Ive been getting as much snot out as I can with that squezzie thing lol but its not enough. Someone said vicks vapor rub but i dont have any. What a home remedy i can use because its affecting her sleeping scheduale and mine. Shes only 5 months old but she already sleeps thru the night.

lovencasper5307

Asked by lovencasper5307 at 9:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Kids' Health

• why cant you go to the store and buy the vicks? um colds are really something you just have to wait out. there is no medicine that helps my colds, babys are the same way. maybe try a humidifier?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:07 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• long storyy no car snow storm most stores are closed anyways thats why i asked for a HOME remedy =/
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 9:12 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Are you doing a cool mist vaporizor in her room? Yes the baby chest rub does work. You can also get the little noses saline drops for her nose to break off the congestion. Do you have her sleeping in her crib? I always put my son in his swing when he is sick in his bedroom and run the vaporizor. It helps with the congestion when they are kind of upright instead of laying flat. Othen than those tricks there is not a whole lot you can do but to let it run its course. But if you try the vicks baby rub, saline drops, swing and vaporizor it will help alleviate some.
    Scoobersmom

Answer by Scoobersmom at 9:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• oohhh ic. sorry i don't know any wish I could help though. your probably just gonna have to wait it out. joys of having a sick baby. your baby will go back to normal sleep schedule don't worry. just try to stick to the same routine now.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 9:19 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• idkk it just seems like its been forever since she first got sick and nothings helpin =,[
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 9:23 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My doctor told me unless your child has a fever to let the cough run its course.. that it will go away.. Dont give her a cough suppresant because it causes the cought to just stop for a little while and come back exactly the same.. Not fixing it.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:09 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Maybe fix some light light light herbal tea.. or chamomile.. in a bottle but dillute it with water.. if you have any. It wont hurt your baby.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 11:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• the cough medicine shes getting is what the doctor put her on.
    lovencasper5307

Answer by lovencasper5307 at 1:02 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• as you can't go out, if you don't have a humidifier and you don't have vicks, then you could try running the shower and steaming up the bathroom and take her in the bathroom and sit on the floor with her to help easy the stuffiness in her nose.

Another option is two drops of thyme and two drops of pepermint on a kleenex, in the room with baby. Not where she can touch it. It helps open the nasal passages.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Run the shower really hot then sit in the bathroom with her. It's like having a humidifer. salin in the nose before sucking the snot. Have her sleep upright -- sing, bouncy seat, blanket *under* the mattress. Sometimes the pressure on the ears makes it hard to sleep when laying down. not too much you can do, just have to wait it out.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:42 AM on Jan. 28, 2009