Do any of you know someone....

Is there anyone out here who knows of another child that has multiple food and environmental allergies who has an extremely high IGE level. IGE is immunoglobin E. It is the part of the immune system that produces histamine which in turn determines what a person is allergic to. A 'normal' ige is 0-200 that is no allergies. A person with slight hayfever for example might me at 800. My 8 yr old is at 15,000. I am searching high and low to find other parents who have been or are going through this. I am not finding any. Not at support groups anywhere. Thanks for all your answers in advance.

orbitlynn

Asked by orbitlynn at 9:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Health

• Yes, I know of some parents that are dealing with severe food allergies and some that also have severe environmental allergies - they are not members of Cafemom that I know of, but do belong to another public online community I am a member of. If you would like more information, please feel free to message me here on Cafemom and I would be happy to tell you more. I think it is against the rules on CM for me to openly recommend another group not affiliated with CM, which is why I'm asking you to message me.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I can't believe that there isn't anyone else out here who has these issues.
    orbitlynn

Answer by orbitlynn at 9:27 AM on Jan. 28, 2009