My dog is in heat how to keep on the diaper?

I am using a diaper from my baby for her lol. She keeps trying to take it off though. I was looking online for some doggie diapers, but I don't know i want to spend that much on a diaper for one and 2 they are reusable and I am getting her fixed this month so I hate to buy one only to use for 1-2 more weeks. But she is bleeding pretty bad. I have had a female before and you hardly noticed with her she was in heat, but this dog you know. At first I didn't, but I seen some spots of blood on my dd's bed and seen it was from the dog. then I noticed spots of blood all over my hardwood floors. Then I noticed some on my bed, but I didn't notice until after seeing it in her bed. they were like quarter size spots. I put a diaper on her because it was getting to much she was leaving blood everywhere she sat and even walking over one of the girls toys she drips blood so then I have to wash toys. Today I had papers on the couch and she got blood on them she jumped on my lap and leaked blood on my leg that is what grossed me out and made me decide to put a diaper on, but thing is after walking around for a while it slides off or she will bite at it until it comes off. I put a whole for her tail. Is there a way to keep it on? I can't put her in a cage since I don't have one I have to get one this weekend. But like I said I don't want to spend the price on doggy diapers since I am getting her fixed in the next week or 2, but it is going to be a long 2 weeks lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 2, 2012 in Pets

• anon excuse me I can afford them. i have my dd's birthday party this week and we had a house payment so excuse me if I can't rush and get it done right this second. I can can afford it in 2 weeks. Plus they are 2 weeks behind anyway on spays
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:45 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:24 PM on May. 2, 2012

• the place I found is one of a kind pets there was another place I called too. The one was 249 yicks lol. So I am not going with that. But then there is another the one of a kind pets and they have to be caught up on shots which she is other than rabies so they said normally is 10 (which isn't bad), but with a spay it is 8.00 then they like you to go home with pain meds so that is 5.00 (which isn't bad) and then the spay (she is under 50 pounds) so they said would be 85.00 (which also isn't bad at all compaired to 249 lol) so not sure if there is anything cheaper than 85.00 lol. But anyway it would be a total of 98.00 which again is not bad at all, but I don't have any money until 2 more weeks. We also just had to take our 9 month old to the ER for an ear infection because her dr couldn't get her in for a couple days and I didn't want her to wait cause she was in pain so with that I have to wait a couple weeks.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:50 PM on May. 2, 2012

• after looking on there one of a kind pets is on the low cost
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:52 PM on May. 2, 2012

• How are you saving for your retirement, and college for your children, if you can't afford to be a responsible pet owner?

Answer by rkoloms at 8:35 PM on May. 2, 2012

• rkoloms

sadly I don't have a college fund for my kids. And as far as retirement I don't work dh they take out so much a week in 401k, social security, things like that, but again we have nothing saved. A family of 5 he only makes 500 a week and in winter when they are slow he only makes about 320 a week. We make it buy, but in winter it is tight. He is just now picking up at work. I can't get her in there for 2 weeks anyway because they are backed up and I can't afford 300 for her to be fixed. I can afford the 100. But again they are 2 weeks behind. What am I suppose to do push my way in and tell them I need the dog fixed now???
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:43 PM on May. 2, 2012

• i would def go with buying the doggy diaper. sold many different places. i just seen one at petco on sale!
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 12:41 PM on May. 8, 2012

• Uggh dont you hate when people want to try to tell you that you that your not a responsible pet owner or to get rid of your pet because you can't afford something!? or start talking crap to you. somebody on here went off cause i asked about a home remedy to get rid of fleas!!? If you can't afford flea medication why do you have a pet? & then she wanted to try to compare it to my children! i mean seriously. she said if your child needed medication wouldn't you make a way to get it!? pets & children completely different things!
    jennifer_oakley

Answer by jennifer_oakley at 12:47 PM on May. 8, 2012

• jennifer_oakley

yes I agree with you that children and pets are totally difftent. And yes I hate when people say I need to get ride of the pet because I can't afford to get it fixed at that time. I mean I was planning/ am planning on getting the dog fixed, but I just got the dog like a week before posting this question so I didn't have money at that time to get the dog fixed, plus even if I was able to where I am going (because it was only 100 rather than paying 300) they told me they are 2 weeks behind so either way I would of had to wait 2 weeks. I am getting her fixed next week. What am I suppose to do push my way through and say sorry I need it done now? LOL...flea meds are expensive I can't believe someone would was giving you a hard time about it and comparing it to your kids. Come on now lol.

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:08 PM on May. 8, 2012

• actually she is doing better than what she was. She was leaving blood spots everywhere she sat or even from walking, but she is hardly leaving it now. I think she maybe almost out of heat. I am thinking she might been going into heat when we got her. So I don't need the diaper now since she isn't bleeding that bad now and we will be getting her fixed next week. Thanks though :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:10 PM on May. 8, 2012