How can I make a hospital door bow for a new baby?

Someone hand made a hospital door bow for me when I had my son. I'm having a girl, now and I'd like to make it myself. Does anybody know where I can find some instructions on how how to make them?

KaciB

Asked by KaciB at 9:40 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I've seen people make them out of diapers...similar to how you do a diaper cake. They looked cute!

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Diaper-Wreath

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Look in google for homecoming mum instructions....it'll be the same thing, but you'll do baby ribbons and charms rather than high school stuff. I think they are very easy to make. I've made several homecoming and hospital mums. I've also seen feather wreaths with a beanie baby on it...cute! To do that you'll want a foam ring (like a dougnut) and get two or more feather boas from the craft stores. Then just wrap the boa around the ring. After that take big straight pins and put a beanie baby where you would like it. You could also attach it with hot glue, but it may stay better with huge straight pins.
    mommy030507

Answer by mommy030507 at 12:20 PM on Jan. 28, 2009

• choose color scheme, pic the size of ribbon ( Wired ribbon works the best). They have all kinds. wide is better. you can use a single ribbon or more . Make bow as large as you want, shape it. 3 ribbons mixed works best. Add novelties to go with you scheme, Wrap door like a package add bow and novelties. Any craft store, wal-mart has people that can help you get everything you need to get done. Use your imagination. It will be simpler then it sounds.
    lisaj64

Answer by lisaj64 at 5:19 PM on Jan. 28, 2009