• In the Spotlight:

Should I be bleeding this much? TMI

I just stopped nursing my daughter 2 months ago and started my period 2 days ago. I am going through a super tampon every 2 hours, is that normal? I have never had to use a super tampon before!
This is my first period in almost 2 years! My last mentral was in september 2006 before I got pregnant with my first baby that I lost. I then got pregnant a month later with my daughter and never had a period in between.
My husband has had a vasectomy and I know that I am not pregnant because I have had a test to make sure since its only been 4 months since he got his vasectomy.
My daughter is 9 months old by the way.

Underwoodwife

Asked by Underwoodwife at 8:49 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Health

• yes i think its normal because you haven't had a period in so long.it should come down by the 3rd or 4th day.
    Anonymous

• Generally they say if you completely fill one maxi pad per hour you should consider it a problem, I am not sure how that equals out in tampons. Considering you haven't had a period in so long I would probably call your ob/gyn tomorrow for an appointment to make sure everything is ok. If you continue to bleed at a very heavy rate for a few hours you could have a uterine hemorrhage, which is not as bad as it sounds but isn't good & should be checked out in the ER.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 9:04 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• you'll be alright. if in a few months your still bleeding heavilly on your period, make an appointment with your ob/gyn. i bled like that too after i had my baby. its just your body getting rid of all the blood thats built up
    babygirl9304627

Answer by babygirl9304627 at 10:15 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• i would say its probably ok since u havent had a period in so long, i would def take a multi vitamin with iron ...if it doesnt slow down after 2-3 days i would call the doctor...
    hannahsmommy309

Answer by hannahsmommy309 at 11:21 PM on Jul. 20, 2008