my hubby has not talk to me for 5 days what do i do?he had never done this before.

he wants me to be like him.think like him .but I know i have changed a lot

I am different person it is really hard for me to be like him.

nobody is perfect.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• My husband has done the same thing multiple times plus gone on business trips wo saying goodby or calling me. In hindsight the first time he did that to me I'd warn him not to refuse to talk to me again or he's out. The second time I should gone immediately to a lawyer even through legal aid. Do not let him do this again to you. Send him an email, leave him a voice mail, a text that he needs to be a grown up not be a two year old. Talk or get off the pot out the door. You do not deserve to worry that this is going to happen again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• You haven't provided much detail as to WHY your husband is not speaking to you. I can only guess that you betrayed him in some way ("nobody is perfect")? If you did, and you think he is supposed to just forgive and forget, I would say his keeping quiet means he is taking it more seriously than you!?

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:05 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• See - I read the same post and got totally different reaction.

The phrase "Nobody's perfect" to me means that her husband wants her to be like him (i.e., perfect).

More detail would be helpful!!!
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Men are big babies. Give him time to sulk...cut him off next time he wants sex. See how he likes it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• eye rollingYes - the withholding of physical affection has a great and glorious history.

Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 10:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• OMG if my husband were that much of an ass and didn't talk to me for NO apparent reason. I would have a blast. I wouldn't cook him dinner, do his laundry or anything. I would also have a wonderful girls night out. I'm sorry, but I dont' care what his personality is, being ignored is NOT an option and is a controlling behavior and I was bred and raised to put up with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• This sounds a lot like a question I just answered where the anon poster mentioned that the marriage may be over. If you have changed so much, I wonder if a separation may be called for, to see how you do apart from each other. Counseling for sure. Tell him that his lack of talking to you is causing harm to the marriage. If your actions are part of the deal-breakers that I mentioned in my other answer, then apology and promise to not do it again. He is not treating you with respect if he refuses to talk. Make sure that you always treat him with respect.

Answer by Bmat at 10:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• My Husband used to do this stupid mess. He has stopped because he realized I didn't care. U don't talk to me for whatever reason then fine. I'd get up put on my best outfit and walk out the door childless. He came over that real quick when he realized while I was out he couldn't find me. I turned cell phone off and hid my car. Most times I'd be at my mom's but because I knew he would drive by there I would hide my car.
    So that stopped that problem we had. Now he's okay with talking and letting out his feelings.
    MrsTGray

Answer by MrsTGray at 10:30 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• What happened to cause him to stop talking to you? If you knowingly did something that you knew would cause him a problem, you need to tell him you were wrong to have done it and ask him to forgive you.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:52 AM on Jan. 27, 2009