Is this normal or a reaction to the milk?

I recently started the conversion from formula to milk, 1 bottle is milk the other 2 are formula, on Saturday. Since then he has had some very messy/loose BMs. Is that typical when making the switch; or could it be a sign he isnt handling the switch well.

(He is on normal formula and never has had an issue)

AMsMommy212

Asked by AMsMommy212 at 10:01 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could just be from the switch. I've heard this before. If he is not in obvious discomfort, give it a week or so, he might adjust.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:03 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It could be the switch, but the best way to do it so it's easiest on their tummies is to mix half and half in the same bottle (half formula, half milk) and then slowly start putting more milk than formula so it's a gradual transition.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• It is the switch. My son at that age did the same thing. Its the change in formula and milk. I just started mixing his milk with eaither his formula and even pooring water in the milk. my son had no problems except for the BMs.
    nicoleladams19

Answer by nicoleladams19 at 12:48 PM on Jan. 27, 2009

• ok thanks! He hasnt shown any signs of discomfort just made a couple "messes" Ill try cutting it with formula and see if that helps!
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 4:41 PM on Jan. 27, 2009