he doesnt accept the bottle no matter whats in it..i tried wrm water he also didnt take it..i changed formula 3 times an changed bottle too..no solution yet..so what can i do?

Tahani103

Asked by Tahani103 at 10:04 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I see from your other question that you breastfeed - so this really isn't a problem.
    Ditch the formula and the bottles and just stick to that.
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 10:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I answered you in the other question you posted. I can't help with the bottle part, but I can help you build confidence so that NIP isn't that big of a deal to you, if you want.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 10:16 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Have you tried different type of bottles? I used the playtex drop in bottles with my daughter and it was the only bottles that she would take. As far as nursing in public, I refused to do this with my first but now that I have had my second I feel more comfortable with it. I either use the car, dressing room or handicap stall in the bathroom. Another thing you can try is to have your DH give the baby the bottle which usually seems to help. If would definately try to pump versus using formula. When I switched my daughter from breastfeeding to formula when she was six months old she had a difficult time handling the formula and ended us having to put her on soy. She was not able to tolerate regular milk until 2 years old.
    maddiemygirl

Answer by maddiemygirl at 10:38 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• I don't know about the BFing issue that the others are referring to....but one thing you can try is using a medicine syringe to get the baby used to taking milk from a source other than your breast and eventually transition to the bottle when he adjusts.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 10:46 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Try getting someone else to offer the bottle. He's not going to want to try something new when what he is used to is right there and he knows it. Once someone else gets him used to drinking from a bottle, he'll probably take one from you too.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:10 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• my son did this and I went thru the formula thing too.It wa awful I know.He ould take his pacy,but no bottle...so I tried all kinds of nipples til I found one he liked.Maybe that will work.Also at 4mths I had to put him on baby food.He had to eat something! Try different nipples.
    Anonymous

• bottles are no good for baby's health & oral development. just stick to the boob. there's really no benefit to bottle feeding. no point in pushing it.
    Anonymous