Im expecting my second son!My first is 28 months old!

Im not nervous about the diapers,or midnight feedings.Im not nervous about bringing another lil guy into to the world.Im scared for my son.He doesnt know whats about to happen to him,although Ive explained a million times.Ive cried so many times,I feel like hes going to feel not as loved.We have things sketched out for the first few weekends after our baby is here.Me and daddy will take turns taking our oldest out every satuarday for atleast a month,so he gets one on one time with both me and daddy.How do I deal with my fears?I feel like Ive found the answer to jelaousy issues,but yet Im the one struggling for him.Im 2 weeks from my due date.I know Im going to cry when I stay in the hospital with out my son.My dh is convinced he will be fine,which hes stayed with daddy plenty for hours at a time(never all night) but its me whos gonna miss him!

Chrystal_A

Asked by Chrystal_A at 8:54 PM on Jul. 20, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• he'll do fine! I was so scared also and worried that my daughter would miss me but she did fine she cam to the hospital and visited me every day. I had my son when my daughter was only 18 months old so your son will be fine. Just tell your hubby to keep him busy throughout the day. I was in the hospital for 3 days because i had a c-section if your have a natural birth you should only be there for a day.
    Anonymous

• i felt the same way when I had my second son, he was almost three then. what we did is when we brought little brother home we had our oldest sit on our laps and we held the new baby With older brother. He felt truly like a big brother and that it was ok. plus he got to help us take care of little brother too.Like give us a diaper or the bottle or passifer.Now they are super close.
    diamantina

Answer by diamantina at 9:01 PM on Jul. 20, 2008

• He will do fine. When the baby is born let dad bring him to the hospital to say hi do your best to include him in with new baby things. It will all work out i have three and they all love each other even when theri mad at each other.
    Anonymous

• You'll probably be surprised at how well he takes it. Just keep him involved in everything baby. Talk to him about the baby and have him help out once the baby is there. My oldest was 28 months when she became a big sister for the SECOND time. My son was 13 months. Both times my oldest was barely phased by the new arrival and I found plenty of time to spend with her while the baby/babies were napping. Her favorite thing to do, especially at two, was to help. She would get diapers, wipes, blankies, binkies. She would sit in my lap and help me feed the baby or cuddle with the baby. She liked feeling like a big girl (my youngest is now that age and she is the same way--today she was cleaning walls with her older siblings so she could feel like a big kid).
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:17 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Your feelings are totally normal. I was scared to death that my step son would feel left out and not loved after his half sister was born. (Step son lives with us.) He surprised us all and was so loving towards her. He would make remarks like, "Thats mky sister," or "DONT TOUCH MY SISTER!" He was very protective of her and wanted to share the responsibility of taking care of this new addition to our family.

You will be so tired from labor, that you will just want to relax after the delivery. If you are feeling well enough, maybe you can leave the hospital after only staying 24 hours. Thats what I did when my youngest son was born. That way I could see my other kids sooner and not have to rely on others to bring them to see me. Everything will be fine....
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 2:39 AM on Jul. 21, 2008

• Hun you are having just having son seperating issues. I went through the same thing you are going through with my second child. Believe it is not as bad as you are trying to make it out to be. They had to do a c-section with my 2nd child and I was throwing a fit because I knew I would have to stay an extra night at the hospital and I did not want to leave my daughter for 2 nights. To my amazement she did fine staying with daddy. Daddy would get up and fix her breakfast whateven she wanted she would call and talk to me and then he took her shopping to let her get her new baby bro some new things. The 2nd night was the hardest. I cried all night, but she was fin lol. Just let big bro help take care of new baby, let him do small things that he can do, like pick out baby clothes, get you a diaper, help feed baby and he will do just fine. Just relax and enjoy your two kids everything is going to be fine!!!
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 9:28 AM on Jul. 21, 2008