any one who's been to

any one who's been to marriage counseling not premarital, has it helped longterm more of you when counseling ended or only while counseling was going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Jan. 27, 2009 in Relationships

• My dh and I went to marriage counseling about five years ago. We really didn't go very long, but it helped enormously and has continued to help. I really don't think we would still be married if we did not go to counseling when we did. HTH!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:20 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• although i have not been, i know ppl who have and as long as you BOTH are willing to get help..then yes it will work =) good luck
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:49 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• We went to counselling in my first marriage, but DH was not willing to take any of the advice offered. It still helped me a lot in showing me who was willing to work on our marriage and who wasn't.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 11:08 AM on Jan. 27, 2009

• Definitly helped! My DH had a problem with lying (and about stupid things too) and wanting attention (which came out in the form of other women). We did private counseling for his past (what lead to his behaviors) and marriage counseling. We only did a few sessions since most of the problems arose from his internal stuff, but they worked wonders! We learned how to listen and talk and even "fight" better (so that we didn't get over the top or mean) We stopped the counseling (mostly due to $) but we've made a point to keep up the practices we learned. Our marriage is great and going strong!
    Anonymous