What does it mean if I'm showing up as 5 weeks u/s but i'm supposed to be 8 weeks?

Well I got the answer to my question. I lost my baby May 15th 2012. Thank you all for your support.

Ok I went to the doctors today and had my first ultrasound. If I'm remembering the first day of my last peirod right I sould be 8 weeks, but the ultrasound showed that I was only 5. So asseumming I'm right what does that mean? What could happen if the pregnancy isn't keeping up?

AshM2010

Asked by AshM2010 at 4:35 PM on May. 2, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Your prediction of your ovulation might be off. I wouldn't worry about it too much right now. At your next appointment see if there is a heartbeat, if there is you have nothing to worry about.
    AF4life

Answer by AF4life at 6:55 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Biology....learn some.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 4:45 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Did they see a heartbeat on the ultrasound? If they did I would say believe the ultrasound and your dates are off.
    zoomomto3

Answer by zoomomto3 at 4:37 PM on May. 2, 2012

• No at five weeks there's not even a baby just a feterlized egg.
    AshM2010

Comment by AshM2010 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Nothing. My DS showed he was behind 4 weeks. Ultrasounds are just a guess they are not accurate
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:49 PM on May. 2, 2012

• So when they did the trans vaginal, and you asked them, what did they say?
    And why did you have a trans vaginal- to confirm pregnancy?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 4:53 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Maybe you are 5 weeks gestational? Remember that they start counting your weeks for your due date from the first day of your last period...about 2 weeks before you even ovulate to get pregnant...so maybe that 2 week difference is part of it?
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 5:06 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Maybe you ovulated later than usual?
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 5:20 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I agree that maybe you conceived a little later than you thought. You can get pregnant at anytime in your cycle if you end up ovulating earlier or later than normal/you thought you would.
    SMG1120

Answer by SMG1120 at 2:30 PM on May. 4, 2012

• I thank you all for your support but I started bleeding yesterday morning. I go to the doctors at 2:00 today. I'll tell you if my doctor gives me any unexpected news, but I think we all know what this means. God bless you all.
    AshM2010

Comment by AshM2010 (original poster) at 9:36 AM on May. 16, 2012