Defending the sanctity of marriage

FreeForAll

Asked by FreeForAll at 4:35 PM on May. 2, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• Actually a lot of those things you listed do have an impact on others Dard, how does it impact you if a gay couple gets married? Of course you are entitled to an opinion but should it be law, knowing that your opinion is based on a religious belief?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 6:22 PM on May. 2, 2012

• Love it.

For those of you who don't get the point, the point is, it's none of your business who gets married, unless it hurts you. Which it doesn't.
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 5:07 PM on May. 2, 2012

• tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:52 PM on May. 2, 2012

• the point is that there is NO sanctity of marriage in these examples yet they are allowed. heterosexual couples can marry for all the dumb ass reasons they want but somehow 2 men or 2 women getting married out of love is somehow bad & evil? its ignorant & stupid to money making marriages, stranger marriages, and hell first cousin marriages (in some states) yet deny loving couples the right to marry b/c of their genders. 

okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 6:03 PM on May. 2, 2012

• The Kardashians are just legal prostitutes. And their mom is their pimp.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:04 PM on May. 2, 2012

• How can it impact? It impacts what my children see and think is normal, or usual.
    ******************************************************************************************

Really? As if gay couples don't exist already? Who choose to spend their lives committed to each other? You cannot raise a child in the world today without them being "exposed" to what you deem to be unusual. How about we just segregate the gays and call it good?

Since this is the debate section, can I ask, what will happen if children were to see gay as being "normal"?
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 7:29 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I see the problem.

My cousin and HIS boyfriend have had a hard time and it makes me mad. No one has a right to tell you who you can and can not love.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 4:52 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I hope everything changes soon
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:52 PM on May. 2, 2012

• There's a huge problem with that!!! Part of it is that in the first two examples, there is no "sanctity" involved. Marriage is treated as a joke in those cases. Then in the next example, marriage is denied... So the whole thing is screwed up.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:57 PM on May. 2, 2012

• I see it as things need to change. Alot of things need to change,not just this. This is something she wants to see changed.

I know I do. And there are others too.
    Mrs.Elgert

Answer by Mrs.Elgert at 5:08 PM on May. 2, 2012